Hairline beginning to diffuse? 22 years old with no hair loss/thinning elsewhere

surfthewave

Reaction score
I've had the same hairline since i was 16 and have now started to notice my scalp at the front of my hairline.
I have the exact same hairline from 2 years ago in terms of temples and hairline but it just has started to thin out a little bit
and I also have taken pics of when i first noticed my scalp in oct and how it looked every few months up until now
There are very few hairs that are miniaturized at the front of my scalp
here it how it looked 2 years ago. Keep in mind the thinning is where that little dent is, i also have a similar dent like that on the other side. Ive had the same "dents" since i was 16 with no pushback in the temple or hairline
2rqsgAk.jpg

Here it is when i first noticed
WzVSY2A.jpg

2 months later
CtuODA4.jpg

2 months later
ItGQhDh.jpg

also genetics wise: my uncles have nw1.5 hairlines with minor diffusion, my dad has nw2 hairline with no diffusion at all

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly it looks fine to me. However it looks like there is a TINY bit of recession at your sides. Have you been noticing a lot of shedding (hair in the shower, pillow, where you work, etc)? How is your crown?

surfthewave

Reaction score
Honestly it looks fine to me. However it looks like there is a TINY bit of recession at your sides. Have you been noticing a lot of shedding (hair in the shower, pillow, where you work, etc)? How is your crown?

no recession at the temples, compared my 16 year old temples to todays and theyre at the exact same spot basically.
like 3-4 hairs on pillow, about 9 hairs fall out if i shake my hair at the sink (for like 45 seconds straight), i'll notice like 2-3 hairs when im working at the computer desk.
My crown is perfectly covered with no diffusion at all in the back

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
no recession at the temples, compared my 16 year old temples to todays and theyre at the exact same spot basically.
like 3-4 hairs on pillow, about 9 hairs fall out if i shake my hair at the sink (for like 45 seconds straight), i'll notice like 2-3 hairs when im working at the computer desk.
My crown is perfectly covered with no diffusion at all in the back

Okay then honestly I would just keep an eye on it. Buy some Nizoral shampoo and take pictures every month or so.

surfthewave

Reaction score
Okay then honestly I would just keep an eye on it. Buy some Nizoral shampoo and take pictures every month or so.
what would explain the thinning? its only within the first inch of my hairline, no miniaturization thats overtly obvious, had issues with dandruff a month ago that let to some hairloss and itchiness but its taken care of.
what would be the function of the nizoral shampoo?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
what would explain the thinning? its only within the first inch of my hairline, no miniaturization thats overtly obvious, had issues with dandruff a month ago that let to some hairloss and itchiness but its taken care of.
what would be the function of the nizoral shampoo?

It might just be the way your are pushing your hair back and the lighting tbh, it is normal to see a little scalp here and there even with non-male pattern baldness guys you will be able to see a little. The Nizoral shampoo would help you get rid of the dandruff and itchiness (aka promote good scalp health). There are also studies about how it can widen the hair shaft length although I'm not too sure how it is.

surfthewave

Reaction score
i also took 3 test cycles between age of 18-20 and got no hair loss or thinning, surely if i was predisposed to male pattern baldness i would've lost hair right?

- - - Updated - - -

any other opinions?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definite recession. Could easily be slick bald in a few years. I think only a hardcore anti-androgen regimen with Dutasteride and oral spironolactone will help you at this stage.

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair looks fine to me but honestly the pictures are bad, people making any definitive judgments on pictures that bad should be ashamed of themselves. We need side pics and a wider view of ur entire hairline in decent quality and lighting.

surfthewave

Reaction score
lol

hair looks fine to me but honestly the pictures are bad, people making any definitive judgments on pictures that bad should be ashamed of themselves. We need side pics and a wider view of ur entire hairline in decent quality and lighting.

thats literally the only area where im noticing thinning, starting to see my scalp more

surfthewave

Reaction score
[update]
It has been a year and I still continue to see more scalp at the front and the division in my hair has gotten larger. Also beginning to notice more and more hair fall.
Here is a gif of my wet hair
l4q7Ykg4Y8T5uDPLa
http://giphy.com/gifs/l4q7Ykg4Y8T5uDPLa

Attachments

• 20170110_213545.jpg
    20170110_213545.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 431
  • 20170110_213607.jpg
    20170110_213607.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 466
  • 20170110_213643.jpg
    20170110_213643.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 466
  • 20170110_213635.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 291
  • 20170110_213742.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 270
  • 20170110_213823.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 173

surfthewave

Reaction score
Here is the hair fall after scooping my hair over the sink for 45sec-1min
and the difference in hair diameter that falls out.

Any help on if this is diffuse thinning or not?
Like I said I can see more and more space between the hairs and can now see further back into my scalp than i used to be able to.
I currently switch between regenepure (which I think has made it worse, but no more dandruff) and Bosley Hair Loss Shampoo, and Head and Shoulders.
I also put coconut oil on my hair at least once a week. Taking Biotin 10 000mcg once a week

Attachments

• 20170110_213420.jpg
    20170110_213420.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 304
  • 20170110_213430.jpg
    20170110_213430.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 280

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it's bad at all and by the way Biotin will do nothing for you but waste your money. Go see a dermatologist if you're that worried.

surfthewave

Reaction score
Any Help?
I don't think it's bad at all and by the way Biotin will do nothing for you but waste your money. Go see a dermatologist if you're that worried.
Did you watch the gif?
I was literally unable to see my scalp prior to this problem and now its visible all the time

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
You look like you lost some density. Look into Finasteride

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you ran test cycles and you didnt shed its next proof you shouldnt worry about.... besides... You will start shed somehow.

Derpicus

Established Member
Reaction score
Shedding hair is normal, not just that you don't even seem to have signs of being a diffuse thinner. You're being paranoid, your hair looks fine, and losing that many hairs isn't an issue. Every single person loses hair, we all shed, its the fact that the hair normally grows back that makes a difference.

I don't see any density loss, all I see is in your new photos are a different hairstyle, and some clumping going on due to the use of your product. Not just that seeing some scalp where your crown is located is normal. It's good to be proactive when combating hair loss, but I think you're just being paranoid. Keep monitoring it, but in my opinion you're fine.