Hairfarmers 6 month update

HairFarmer

Established Member
Reaction score
Well its hard to belive it's 6 months since I started the treatment. So I figure i'd keep everyone up to date with the results.

Regimen:

minoxidil twice daily
finasteride 1mg per day
Nizoral 2-3 times/ week

Lately, i'd had some major itching occurring on the top (crown area) of the scalp. It's been extremely itchy and i have caught myself scratching it a few times. The flakes have been crazy. I believe its from the minoxidil. The dandruff levels were at an all time high but have settled down over the last few days. Thank god. I've been hammering on the conditioners to try to soothe the scalp.

In the mirror it appears though i'm going through a shed. The back area is quite thin but the valley of death seems to be filling in a bit better. The overall shape of the frontal hairline seems stable as well. In daylight it looks a bit shitty but appears better under less light.

I have been shaving my head completely bald to try and thicken it up as well. I belive its making a difference but will have a better idea after this shed has passed. For now i'm trying to not scratch it.

I'm hoping I follow the same path as Tynanw as him and I seem to have roughly the same issues.

Does this sound about right for those who went past their 6 month phase?

Thanks

HÆ’
8)

G

I have never used minoxidil so I can't really comment about that. But from what you say it sounds like a shed and that can mean one thing.

REGROWTH

So keep up the good work and keep us updated..

Good luck.. :)