Hairdressers Tell Me I Have A Double Crown, Opinions Please

callumg94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Several hairdressers I ask tell me I have a double crown and the derm I went too see didn't take any tests just told me it's likely I'll go bald due to my dad being bald (what a waste of money), can I have your opinions please guys ?

P.s I have just combed my hair and am stain directly under my bathro light

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,559
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 2,841
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,492
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 12,820
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,567

Aleksa97

Established Member
Reaction score
It isn't double crown for sure. Double crown doesn't look like that. Maybe you have slight thinning if you have anything at all. I would keep and eye on it for like 6 months to a year to see whether it gets worse or stays the same. I think its just that you have longer hair so it looks like that.

Just my opinion tho.

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
It looks like you just have two whirls next to each other. Looks like you have thick hair. If you are thinning, finasteride and minoxidil has worked great for me and others

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey eenrak any update?
did the minoxidil and fina still working for your hairline ?
did you got unwanted body or face hair because of minoxidil? d you only use minoxidil at your hairline or also at crown ?
thx

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to quote the great almighty @buckthorn on this one "JESUS f*****g CHRIST"

Finally you post pics and you have pretty good hair and you spend your time hair whining meds aren't working and minoxidil grew you a few hairs on your body. Do you realise I would kill for your hair ? Not even joking, I woud kill

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to quote the great almighty @buckthorn on this one "JESUS f*****g CHRIST"

Finally you post pics and you have pretty good hair and you spend your time hair whining meds aren't working and minoxidil grew you a few hairs on your body. Do you realise I would kill for your hair ? Not even joking, I woud kill

Wait did Michel finally post pictures? Link me?

And OP, just keep an eye on your hair for now by taking pictures and comparing every few months.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
no i didnt post pics guys , but i have some on my phone that i will probably upload ,but i am scared of my Norwood level

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i know i sound crazy man^^, but i am definitely worse than baseline . and davesmith you are lucky you have got amazing hair.

callumg94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your opinions so far everyone, I'll have to keep taking photos every couple of months and keep checking I guess unless anyone else has a different opinion?

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait did Michel finally post pictures? Link me?

And OP, just keep an eye on your hair for now by taking pictures and comparing every few months.

Silly me for some reason in a haste I thought the op was our beloved michel sapin. I'm gonna have to blame finasteride on this one LOL. Not rly... Just getting old.

callumg94

My Regimen
Reaction score
It isn't double crown for sure. Double crown doesn't look like that. Maybe you have slight thinning if you have anything at all. I would keep and eye on it for like 6 months to a year to see whether it gets worse or stays the same. I think its just that you have longer hair so it looks like that.

Just my opinion tho.
Thanks boss

callumg94

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like you just have two whirls next to each other. Looks like you have thick hair. If you are thinning, finasteride and minoxidil has worked great for me and others
Are hair whirls basically double crowns ? thanks for the reply man

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so your comment was about my pics ? lol

Yeah I guess ... In that case you have good hair now, but just keep monitoring it that you're not losing ground, if you are actually balding then you're in a perfect stage to start treating it.

callumg94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I guess ... In that case you have good hair now, but just keep monitoring it that you're not losing ground, if you are actually balding then you're in a perfect stage to start treating it.
Thanks mate, I keep checking it and i feel I've become obsessed haha, what treatment would be best if you don't mind me asking ?

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks mate, I keep checking it and i feel I've become obsessed haha, what treatment would be best if you don't mind me asking ?

I first went to see a dermatologist when my hair loss was in very early stages, hair that probably anyone on this forum would die for. The dermatologist gave me finasteride prescription but I was hesitant and put off finasteride for 4-5 years. By the time I starting treating my hair it was the "oh shitttt i need to do something about my hair or it's game over soon" stage, which is usually too late if you want to have good hair. I should have taken finasteride right back then without putting it off. Right now I'm on a lot of sh*t cuz I need every possible regrowth/thickening possible, but if I could do it all over again I'd just take finasteride with early signs of balding. But that's just me...

callumg94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I first went to see a dermatologist when my hair loss was in very early stages, hair that probably anyone on this forum would die for. The dermatologist gave me finasteride prescription but I was hesitant and put off finasteride for 4-5 years. By the time I starting treating my hair it was the "oh shitttt i need to do something about my hair or it's game over soon" stage, which is usually too late if you want to have good hair. I should have taken finasteride right back then without putting it off. Right now I'm on a lot of sh*t cuz I need every possible regrowth/thickening possible, but if I could do it all over again I'd just take finasteride with early signs of balding. But that's just me...
Thanks for the response, i'm probably more inclined to give Minoxidil a go first due to the side effects I've read about from Finasteride.

Good luck in the future with your hair regrowth man, hope it works out for you