Hairdirect went out of business today!!!

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You would think if the systems are almost completed that they have to send them somewhere? I even called and left a message with the law firm that is representing hair Direct but I haven't heard back yet.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now the lawyers are saying clients may not receive their full refunds. Hair Directs business started to go downhill even before Covid. You could order a system from them and there could be no obvious issues in the specs.
If the client didn't like the system, no questions asked, BOOM they would order a new one at no charge. All you had to do is send the original back within 30 days. You don't think you're gonna lose money doing that????
They were also known for excellent customer service and that became much worse. They had the best product selection and I started noticing a lot of "out of stock:" items that I coul d get easy from Amazon. By the time Covid hit,It was just a matter of time . They were not able to sustain as many other businesses.

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I found this link that sells Back2Natural but I never purchased from them before... seems legit though? They raised the price of the product once hairdirect went out of business

Last edited:

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you paid with a credit card then you may have recourse. If by other means it may be more difficult to get a refund.

Not sure about US law but in the UK, you would become a creditor and low down the food chain after the banks and government re taxes. First are the "professionals" with their fees. This usually takes a large slice out.

Ordinary creditors often end up with 2-5% back if lucky.

The one saving thing is if custom made they cant really resell to anyone else but dont be surprised if you are asked for a "fee".

This is just my experience of the corporate recovery business

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now the lawyers are saying clients may not receive their full refunds. Hair Directs business started to go downhill even before Covid. You could order a system from them and there could be no obvious issues in the specs.
If the client didn't like the system, no questions asked, BOOM they would order a new one at no charge. All you had to do is send the original back within 30 days. You don't think you're gonna lose money doing that????
They were also known for excellent customer service and that became much worse. They had the best product selection and I started noticing a lot of "out of stock:" items that I coul d get easy from Amazon. By the time Covid hit,It was just a matter of time . They were not able to sustain as many other businesses.
Terrible to hear this. COVID has really shot down so many good businesses.

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you paid with a credit card then you may have recourse. If by other means it may be more difficult to get a refund.

Not sure about US law but in the UK, you would become a creditor and low down the food chain after the banks and government re taxes. First are the "professionals" with their fees. This usually takes a large slice out.

Ordinary creditors often end up with 2-5% back if lucky.

The one saving thing is if custom made they cant really resell to anyone else but dont be surprised if you are asked for a "fee".

This is just my experience of the corporate recovery business
I will call my bank now to see if my supplier ever went bankrupt, I would get something back or nothing at all. Just in case.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good news - one of the people involved in Hair Direct, who is based in Europe, is starting up her own company selling hair system supplies, so you'll soon have a trusted source again. I will inform this forum about her new website once she launches it.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not worried so much about supplies. I'm in a bind.I need to order systems FAST.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I just ordered another system from Lavivid. The first system was just too damn thick at 130%. I reduced it to 100%.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Good news - one of the people involved in Hair Direct, who is based in Europe, is starting up her own company selling hair system supplies, so you'll soon have a trusted source again. I will inform this forum about her new website once she launches it.
Wow! That's perfect. Let us know asap please!

hairhelp777

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel bad for their clients. Just imagine waiting for a $1000 custom unit and you could not either get your money back or the piece. My supplier said they have their own factory in Asia so lack of inventory is not really their issue now. Does anyone know if credit card company can refund money back in this kind of situation ?
Yes credit cards should cover.

HairsonUnique

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure how it works anymore, but there was a time when the same product was put into the same pile in the amazon warehouse, regardless of where it originated from. So you couldn't guarantee that the seller in question was the one providing the stock.

Personally I don't trust amazon for this sort of stuff

rodazzi2000

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel bad for their clients. Just imagine waiting for a $1000 custom unit and you could not either get your money back or the piece. My supplier said they have their own factory in Asia so lack of inventory is not really their issue now. Does anyone know if credit card company can refund money back in this kind of situation ?
yes, that is my current situation.
I'll have to call my credit card company and dispute all of the monthly charges they've been charging me for up-and-coming orders. Including one they processed just a few days ago!

rodazzi2000

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where is everybody going to order their hairpieces now now? Any recommendations is greatly appreciated.