Hairdirect went out of business today!!!

Daffie57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started buying some products from hairdirect and got an email today which is the same on there webpage https://www.hairdirect.com/ which states that yesterday was there last official day of being in business. They been in business for 26 years and yesterday they completely closed there factory for good. Is anyone here a hairdirect client. I found it easy to buy tape and shampoos that were hair system friendly from hair direct. However now I guess Amazon I will be using more often now that hair direct is out of business .

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I had been with hair direct for about 14 years and I got the same email. I'm concerned because I have to remake systems in production that were supposed to go out later this month. Unfortunately due to poor management is probably the reason they went out of business. In the last few years their systems were horrible then their customer service just went downhill so it doesn't surprise me that they closed their doors.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have they gone out of business? There's nothing on their website about it. I recently had a few problems with an order I placed from them for some hair system supplies. I'm in the UK and there was an issue with customs, but their customer support was very good at sorting it out and resent the items to me. I was just emailing them yesterday actually and there was no mention of Hair Direct going out of business.

EDIT: I noticed most of the sales pages on their site have been removed. It seems they must've ceased trading?

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel bad for their clients. Just imagine waiting for a $1000 custom unit and you could not either get your money back or the piece. My supplier said they have their own factory in Asia so lack of inventory is not really their issue now. Does anyone know if credit card company can refund money back in this kind of situation ?

JonathanHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have they gone out of business? There's nothing on their website about it. I recently had a few problems with an order I placed from them for some hair system supplies. I'm in the UK and there was an issue with customs, but their customer support was very good at sorting it out and resent the items to me. I was just emailing them yesterday actually and there was no mention of Hair Direct going out of business.

EDIT: I noticed most of the sales pages on their site have been removed. It seems they must've ceased trading?

Check their website now.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
OMG! Where do I buy my Ghostbond now?! And there's no replacement for Cleanskin Scalp. This hairloss battle never ends.

ItsBobby

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, ugh! Member there for the past 12 years. Checking other places for an alternative.
Paid for two new systems due end of month...will be interesting if I see anything.

"This immediate and unforeseen closure was created by a credit card processor that demanded two large reserves within a six-month period"

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try Amazon for products. They seem to carry everything.

Be very careful about buying hair system products from Amazon or Ebay - there are a lot of fakes on those sites. It's much better to buy from official websites so you can be sure you're getting the genuine product.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Be very careful about buying hair system products from Amazon or Ebay - there are a lot of fakes on those sites. It's much better to buy from official websites so you can be sure you're getting the genuine product.
Prohairlabs only sells to professionals :(.

ItsBobby

My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't actually say anything on their website about them going out of business.
It was there but appears to have been taken down...for whatever reason.
--All the links to areas on the site are gone...contact page, etc.

Last edited:

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I didn't think of Amazon holding fakes, two websites that I found to have products are superhairppieces.com and adventhair.com - can anyone vouch for either?

JonathanHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't think of Amazon holding fakes, two websites that I found to have products are superhairppieces.com and adventhair.com - can anyone vouch for either?

I've got hair system products from superhairpieces and can vouch but I think any hair system supplier selling supplies should be legit.

Last edited:

JonathanHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was there but appears to have been taken down...for whatever reason.
--All the links to areas on the site are gone...contact page, etc.

Hmm the banner at the top is still there for me but yeah, they're removing all the pages.

Here it is just in case:

1643838654957.png

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a shame. They were a reliable source for genuine hair system products. I'm going to have to look elsewhere now.

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got hair system products from superhairpieces but I think any hair system supplier selling supplies should be legit.
I’ve been using adventhair for the last year and they have been great. They are the fastest to ship out my orders and often times they ship the same day. Their shipping rates are true shipping costs and not inflated.

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been using adventhair for the last year and they have been great. They are the fastest to ship out my orders and often times they ship the same day. Their shipping rates are true shipping costs and not inflated.
Let me state I have never ordered a system from them only supplies.