HairCut

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i want to know what hairdressers think about thinning hairs .... do they give a sh*t or they comment you about your hair ?? i want to goto barber this weekend but im nervous of what the hairdresser will think about my hair, will he cut it good or mess it up and make me look thinner ??? with all these questions on my head, im really scared to going to hairdresser and have my hair shorter to give the thick look.... thanks for suggestions

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My friend, if you think about the amount of people who go in and out of a babershop I really dont think they care. If anything it may be helpfull as they may recommend something to you. Dont be nervous, go in there with your head up, tell them what you want and walk out with a nice fresh haircut!

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
recommend something ? i alrdy know everything from here, if they recommend minoxidil, i will seriously shave their head off with the machine

wotsthedeal

Reaction score
When I went to the barbershop last week the guy cutting my hair commented that "You got a lotta hair!". That felt nice, considering I've shedded about 70% of it in the last 8 months.

itsjustaphase

Reaction score
the one thing i HUGELY recommend is to find a great barber that you go to regularly. i have a barber that is totally bald at a nice salon and he knows how to cut my hair that after each haircut i look great and far from losing my hair. and its nice because even though he knows its getting worse he never says anything about it and generally makes me feel better by treating me just like anyone else who has a full thick head of hair.

so i recomend you find a great guy/girl and develop a relationship with him/her. you will not be afriad of haircuts and will even look forward to them because it wont be embarrassing and you know you will look better. it also gives me faith that if tihngs get worse and i have to chagne my hairstyle he will knolw what to do.

i hope you guys have as much luck as ive had, since my barber is really my best friend in this insanity...

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Who cares what your hairdresser thinks about your hair? they see hundreds of heads of hair in a week.. do you think they are going to take pictures and post it on the internet because they notice that your hair is thinning?? good lord...

The Gardener

Reaction score
Oh, don't get me started on my hairdresser. Let me preface things by saying he is the best hairstylist I have ever had. He knows I am thinning, knows I am on treatments for it, and he knows how to cut my hair to maxmize the thickness. After my general cut, he goes through with thinning shears and makes very methodical cuts with them.

That being said, he never ceases to give me sh*t about my hair. And after the shampoo, he ALWAYS combs my hair kind of upward and to the side as to maximize the full glory of my bald temples. And, predictably, during this period of the cut a hot chick always walks by. a**h**. But I wouldn't trust my hair with anyone else.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gardner, I appreciate how you share from your heart with a tang of humor. It made my Wednesday to read your post here bud:)

G

They don't care. Why should they worry about your hairloss....

G

Greg1 said:
Gardner, I appreciate how you share from your heart with a tang of humor. It made my Wednesday to read your post here bud:)

Greg,

With no disrespect to Gardener, you are obviously easily pleased on wednesdays..

Mikey

Established Member
Reaction score
wotsthedeal said:
When I went to the barbershop last week the guy cutting my hair commented that "You got a lotta hair!". That felt nice, considering I've shedded about 70% of it in the last 8 months.

Ive recently started going to a very proffessional salon, cause i get my hair coloured and highligted. Last time i went the guy said, "Youve got quite alot of hair havn't you Michael"

The way i look at it is he would never have said that to someone who did have a alot of hair, there would be no need. I dont enjoy going there, especially getting my hair washed and all that, exposing the thinness infront of all those other people, but it needs to be done, so I just try to grin and bare it. Going tommorow infact.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
im going today, wish me luck

the scary thing is that i dont know this women and im going there for first time, and since im 18 it might look so weird to her that why im thinning at such early age :hairy:

i hope nothing bad happens, i hope she doesnt say negative things, i hope i get a good haircut that doesnt make my thin spots appear more, i hope to have thicker hair :?

ix

Established Member
Reaction score
i told my hairdresser i was thinning and what i wanted.. just tell them right off the bat. it's not like they won't know. strangely, my hairdresser thinks i'm paranoid and i'm not really losing my hair.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well i didnt really get a comment today but i really didnt also like the style she did, im going to look for another place, but for shortness and no commets was good, thanks for suggestions , even though u dont look good on mirror still u get a haircut done afterall