Haircut Miracle

Doom

Reaction score
Last weekend I was scheduled to get a haircut that I was absolutely dreading, because my hair has been rather shitty the past two months. I wear it kind of combed/slicked back. It was about 4-5 maybe 6 inches on the sides and top. All of a sudden in May this huge runway appeared down my head, starting from behind the hairline (which is still intact). It looked dreadful to me when wet and even when dry it was slightly noticeable so I became dependent on using Toppik to make sure nobody would notice.

I really hated how long it was taking me to carefully style my hair in the morning and I felt depressed to have to be addicted to Toppik. So since I usually get my "summer haircut" before vacation I decided that it would either make or break me. Driving to the hair stylist, I felt like I was going to my execution.

I had my hair buzzed with #2 clippers on the sides and back and the top cut to about 2-3 inches. I like to wear it spiky and to my amazement the hair still spiked. I was sure that huge bald area would appear after the haircut but none did. In fact, I thought my hair looked great and it really felt like a huge weight was lifted off of me. I had literally been miserable for the last month. Now I am really looking forward to vacation and the beach. I feel like my old self again.

When I went to work the girls I work with loved it ! I even made comments like "at my age (37) I'm thankful to have this much hair left) and they told me I had no problem at all, that for my age I had tons of hair.

I guess the moral of the story is that it's really amazing what a difference a good haircut can make and how the "less is more" rule really does work, though probably not if your hair is too too thin. I think my length of my hair was pulling it to the sides causing the "runway streak effect". If I have to go through the rest of my life wearing notihing but a short, spiky look I'd be more than happy.

My hair has definitely gotten thinner over the years, so there's no reason to be cocky. If it was thicker, there wouldn't be any runway when it was long. Every guy knows when his hair has thinned even if other people don't notice it yet. So my plan is to stay on finasteride for the next 5 years and see what happens. I see no need to start Rogaine yet as my hair is very cosmetically acceptable to me and I don't want to go down that road if I don't have to.
I never use any cheap common shamoos, I use Nizoral 3x, Revivogen and Tricomin and sometimes a JASON shampoo. I also use Trcomin spray and Crinagen and the Lasercomb. I am confident that my regimen will work for me. Hopefully I can maintain what I have for the next 10 years.

:2gunsfiring_v1:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Doom said:
Last weekend I was scheduled to get a haircut that I was absolutely dreading, because my hair has been rather shitty the past two months. I wear it kind of combed/slicked back. It was about 4-5 maybe 6 inches on the sides and top. All of a sudden in May this huge runway appeared down my head, starting from behind the hairline (which is still intact). It looked dreadful to me when wet and even when dry it was slightly noticeable so I became dependent on using Toppik to make sure nobody would notice.

I really hated how long it was taking me to carefully style my hair in the morning and I felt depressed to have to be addicted to Toppik. So since I usually get my "summer haircut" before vacation I decided that it would either make or break me. Driving to the hair stylist, I felt like I was going to my execution.

I had my hair buzzed with #2 clippers on the sides and back and the top cut to about 2-3 inches. I like to wear it spiky and to my amazement the hair still spiked. I was sure that huge bald area would appear after the haircut but none did. In fact, I thought my hair looked great and it really felt like a huge weight was lifted off of me. I had literally been miserable for the last month. Now I am really looking forward to vacation and the beach. I feel like my old self again.

When I went to work the girls I work with loved it ! I even made comments like "at my age (37) I'm thankful to have this much hair left) and they told me I had no problem at all, that for my age I had tons of hair.

I guess the moral of the story is that it's really amazing what a difference a good haircut can make and how the "less is more" rule really does work, though probably not if your hair is too too thin. I think my length of my hair was pulling it to the sides causing the "runway streak effect". If I have to go through the rest of my life wearing notihing but a short, spiky look I'd be more than happy.

My hair has definitely gotten thinner over the years, so there's no reason to be cocky. If it was thicker, there wouldn't be any runway when it was long. Every guy knows when his hair has thinned even if other people don't notice it yet. So my plan is to stay on finasteride for the next 5 years and see what happens. I see no need to start Rogaine yet as my hair is very cosmetically acceptable to me and I don't want to go down that road if I don't have to.
I never use any cheap common shamoos, I use Nizoral 3x, Revivogen and Tricomin and sometimes a JASON shampoo. I also use Trcomin spray and Crinagen and the Lasercomb. I am confident that my regimen will work for me. Hopefully I can maintain what I have for the next 10 years.

:2gunsfiring_v1:

good to know that you like your haircut.