Hairclone's cell expansion service available in 2021

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairclone CEO Paul Kemp has recently said to FT that: "We are continuing to work closely with the Cell Therapy facility in Newcastle to transfer our manufacturing process to GMP and are still on track to be able to offer a cell expansion service to clinicians for use in the UK in 2021 though as I have stressed we can’t market this as a treatment nor claim any efficacy. It is entirely a decision between patient and clinician whether they feel this would address a "Special Clinical Need.”

On their FAQ site they have written: "We hope that around the end of 2020 (now adjusted to 2021) HairClone will be able to offer a “Cell Expansion Service” to clinical partners for use in the UK."

Thoughts? Does anyone know what this "Cell expansion service" mean? I haven't found any info on this at all.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a service like they write.

For example someone like tsuji, replicel and others a like would use a service like that instead of building their own facilities.

So a clinic sends the cells to hairclone to let them cultivate the cells and screen them and what ever the specific requirements of method would be from the clinic and then they send it back to the clinic

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since he felt the need to clarify that "we can’t market this [cell expansion service] as a treatment nor claim any efficacy" one might infer that this "cell expansion service" will be used by clinicians as a baldness treatment. Sounds like they'll partner with clinicians to do injections. Cool.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This Hair"Clone" company looks like vaporscience.

If you go to their website they ramble a lot and don't tell exactly what they are doing. Sometimes they say it's "cell expansion", other times "stimulating dormant hairs", other times "creating new hairs". Seems like even them are not sure what they are doing. Also, there are no studies, no tests, no pictures, no nothing, just a wordpress website with some generic claims.

Here is my prediction: they will offer something like a PRP treatment. They take some hairs from you, claim that they extracted and multiplied your "stem cells" and inject "it" back to your scalp and then you pray somehow it will regrow some hair. Before and after pictures if they ever show up will be very inconclusive - in other words, it won't work.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"can’t market this as a treatment nor claim any efficacy"

scam written all over it

They aren't trying to sell this to the public. They're offering a service to other researchers/corps. It's not the way a scammer would work.

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

scam written all over it
Lol. Since when do scammers DISCOURAGE you from using their product, smart guy? They said this for liability reasons--people will TRY to use it to grow hair, but they can't make the claim that it will, since the studies haven't been done yet. But the heir CEO Paul Kemp was the founder of Intercytex, which was doing real science to grow actual hair, so make your own judgement as to whether Hairclone will succeed at doing so too. Also Claire Higgens is on their advisory board, and she's a world-renowned hair researcher. This isn't gay Invitrohair, there are actual scientists involved.

Paul Kemp has been doing hair science for decades. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19761392/

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I
Lol. Since when do scammers DISCOURAGE you from using their product, smart guy? They said this for liability reasons--people will TRY to use it to grow hair, but they can't make the claim that it will, since the studies haven't been done yet. But the heir CEO Paul Kemp was the founder of Intercytex, which was doing real science to grow actual hair, so make your own judgement as to whether Hairclone will succeed at doing so too. Also Claire Higgens is on their advisory board, and she's a world-renowned hair researcher. This isn't gay Invitrohair, there are actual scientists involved.

Paul Kemp has been doing hair science for decades. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19761392/
Intercytex failed a long time ago. For many of us that was the first taste of disappointment.

I hope in the 10 - 16 years since he failed he’s got something magic up his sleeve for us.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
This Hair"Clone" company looks like vaporscience.

If you go to their website they ramble a lot and don't tell exactly what they are doing. Sometimes they say it's "cell expansion", other times "stimulating dormant hairs", other times "creating new hairs". Seems like even them are not sure what they are doing. Also, there are no studies, no tests, no pictures, no nothing, just a wordpress website with some generic claims.

Here is my prediction: they will offer something like a PRP treatment. They take some hairs from you, claim that they extracted and multiplied your "stem cells" and inject "it" back to your scalp and then you pray somehow it will regrow some hair. Before and after pictures if they ever show up will be very inconclusive - in other words, it won't work.
Lol says the Stemson fan boy
The same Stemson that have “written” some theoretical abstracts. Oh boy.

At least Paul Kemp has done real testing on human beings bro.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Intercytex couldn't grow enough hair to be commercially viable. That's the bottom line.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

scam written all over it

Before this spreads like wildfire, there's a reason to this:

Hairclone are a UK based company and the UK having a unique regulatory allowance referred to as “Specials.” In the case of Specials, physicians are able to prescribe and administer treatments which have not gone through a full clinical trial process to patients if said treatments are determined to be reasonably safe and are filling a need where other treatment options do not yet exist. The one catch is that companies who develop the up-and-coming treatments are not allowed to market their treatment to patients and the decision to attempt the treatment must solely come from the physician and then the patient.

Ultimately this is why they cannot market their treatment or claim efficacy.

This is exactly why Stemson have also decided to expand into the UK.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before this spreads like wildfire, there's a reason to this:

Hairclone are a UK based company and the UK having a unique regulatory allowance referred to as “Specials.” In the case of Specials, physicians are able to prescribe and administer treatments which have not gone through a full clinical trial process to patients if said treatments are determined to be reasonably safe and are filling a need where other treatment options do not yet exist. The one catch is that companies who develop the up-and-coming treatments are not allowed to market their treatment to patients and the decision to attempt the treatment must solely come from the physician and then the patient.

Ultimately this is why they cannot market their treatment or claim efficacy.

This is exactly why Stemson have also decided to expand into the UK.
God bless UK. Great system!

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol says the Stemson fan boy
The same Stemson that have “written” some theoretical abstracts. Oh boy.

At least Paul Kemp has done real testing on human beings bro.
Tell me a single test, on human or on animal, that "HairClone" have done.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tell me a single test, on human or on animal, that "HairClone" have done.
That’s literally what they are going to do in 2021.