Hairclone In The News - Work Of Dr. Claire Higgins

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Excerpt:
Williams is working with Hair Clone, a British company that believes it will perfect the science of cloning hair.

“The typical candidate would be someone who has had multiple surgeries and can’t have any more hair transplantations, but they have lots of areas of balding," Williams explains.

Doctors would harvest 50 hair follicles and send them to a cryopreservation tank in England. Surgeons there would remove the hair shaft from the bulb, which holds cells that control growth. Then, the cells are multiplied, in a special cell culture.

“Then, when the patient is ready, they have the actual transplantation. They would let us know and we’d go through the process of replication, and getting those 50 cells will now turn into 1500 cells,” Williams says.

The trial would cost Ric between $4,000-$10,000 plus air fare to England, where he’d get his cloned hair. England is the only western country that allows this type of treatment.

Williams says hair cloning is the next biggest frontier in hair science. Hair Clone hopes to start a small trial in England later this year.

The good news is that companies around the world are racing to start hair cloning trials as soon as they can.

Source:
http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Ha...ment-for-male-pattern-baldness-420286163.html

It's interesting to see who's on board with this venture, it's Dr. Claire Higgins, Dr. Jerry Cooley and Dr. Paul Kemp (from Intercytex).

More info on Hairclone here: http://hairclone.me/

And the scientific paper/info on the matter:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28418608

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
1,500 is better than nothing, but it's a far cry from the 50,000 that Tsuji is trying to do.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Repeat the process 30 times to get to 50000?
At roughly $ 7000 a procedure?
Yikes

Well, you could just culture more initially. All of this is speculation of course, none of us really knows the full details or what the end procedure would be like... or the costs.

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
The more the merrier. Fingers crossed for a treatment in our lifetime!

Thanks for the news.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This video has been mentioned before in an earlier thread. That 1500 number is plucked out of the air. Out of all the hair cloning companies out there I'd doubt these guys the most. Additionally Dr. Claire Higgins does not hold a stake in the company.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This video has been mentioned before in an earlier thread. That 1500 number is plucked out of the air. Out of all the hair cloning companies out there I'd doubt these guys the most. Additionally Dr. Claire Higgins does not hold a stake in the company.

In a race, there's always a winner and a loser(or losers).