Hairclone - Dr. Claire Higgins - Hair Regeneration Venture In The Uk

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still don't know why there is a huge expectation from Replicel because if you look at their Phase I result it wasn't impressive and TBH I didn't see any difference from baseline and post treatment

http://replicel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Phase-I-Interim-Analysis-Nov-2012.pdf

People who are excited for RepliCel & Shiseido are the people in my boat; the ones who would be back to teenage hairlines with conventional treatments and transplants. Regrowth is really just a stretch goal for RepliCel, because their main goal is to rejuvenate and immunize existing hair.

If I were to get a small transplant (it helps that I seem to be responding to finasteride and minoxidil well) right now, I would be Norwood Nothing. So, my plan is to wait a year and see where my hair is at before getting a transplant. After that, if Shiseido launches in 2018, I'll hop on the first flight to Japan so that I can get the treatment done at age 25-26. From then on, hairloss (along with finasteride and minoxidil) would be in my rearview mirror and I would live happily ever after.

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People who are excited for RepliCel & Shiseido are the people in my boat; the ones who would be back to teenage hairlines with conventional treatments and transplants. Regrowth is really just a stretch goal for RepliCel, because their main goal is to rejuvenate and immunize existing hair.

If I were to get a small transplant (it helps that I seem to be responding to finasteride and minoxidil well) right now, I would be Norwood Nothing. So, my plan is to wait a year and see where my hair is at before getting a transplant. After that, if Shiseido launches in 2018, I'll hop on the first flight to Japan so that I can get the treatment done at age 25-26. From then on, hairloss (along with finasteride and minoxidil) would be in my rearview mirror and I would live happily ever after.

So replicel won't do anything for those who are not on finasteride ?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So replicel won't do anything for those who are not on finasteride ?

What do you mean? If it works as anticipated, you wouldn't need finasteride at all; the treatment works on existing hair by using dermal sheath cup cells. With any luck, it could get some regrowth too.

Basically, if you're slick bald, it's unlikely that RepliCel will save you. For that salvation, you must pray to Tsuji and probably Dr. Higgins as well.

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not slick bald yet but I think by the time Replicel comes, I will become one :(. Can't take finasteride because of panic attacks and have left with no option.

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw, when is Hairclone expected ?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
So basically they're taking money for banking hair follicles so they can spend it on research? Or give it to partner research groups? Who is actually doing the research here? What is the technology?

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
This is good news. What is the British time frame for trials compared to the FDA?

We should look into doing a crowd funding for this.. Histogen and Pilow focus would want to release there products soon if this is legit.

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Btw, when is Hairclone expected ?
In 2 weeks, so don't manage your expectation and get emotional right away!
This is good news. What is the British time frame for trials compared to the FDA?

We should look into doing a crowd funding for this.. Histogen and Pilow focus would want to release there products soon if this is legit.
Please,
rofl-10b.gif

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dr. Higgins may be involved with this venture but she is n't a shareholder or partner, you can see who is here:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09849505/officers

The company was founded in October last year.

Additionally my hunch is that these guys are n't going to be developing anything, more likely they will just store y our biopsy and use/license other treatments.

Last edited:

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Eventually even respected scientists must look in the mirror and say f*** it, all this time and effort and not much to show... The real money is in scamming people, L'Oreal and other cosmetic companies have been doing it for years.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Eventually even respected scientists must look in the mirror and say f*** it, all this time and effort and not much to show... The real money is in scamming people, L'Oreal and other cosmetic companies have been doing it for years.

Well they are cosmetic companies so they have to scam you because if they sold anything that worked it would require a doctors prescription.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Last I remember hearing they realized they had the wrong vehicle for scalp penetration and the active ingredient wasn't getting to the hair follicles. They were supposed to restart trials with a new vehicle.

Although when these companies cancel trials they tend not to announce it so I'm not sure.

Tomtom21

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats exacly what those trials are for... They had to reformulate so as a result they have to retest safety of the new formulation.. Total pain in the ***. Also the one trial was just updated mid august to recruiting and if you check out the sites where they are conducting the trials its listed so bim is still having money poured into its development. Only time will tell if it was worthwhile for allergan

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hum... they said smg about it working on anagens hair. So i see some synergie here between histogen and replicel. First, you take histogen to get regrowth and get your hai to anagen phase (plus convert velus into terminals), then Shisheido to imminuze most anagens hair as possible. If both treatments work could be a good plan.

and there is the great thing about all of this: there are potentially lots of options one can combine to achieve a functional "cure".

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
and there is the great thing about all of this: there are potentially lots of options one can combine to achieve a functional "cure".
That Guy, what do you make of the pictures and numbers from Replicels phase 1 which were provided above by drakeznathan? I personally cant tell the difference either, in the after shot some areas look more miniturized if you ask me.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice find!

I don't get warm from it though. First of all it seems to be from Bessam Farjo, just a hair transplant doctor. Yes they have Claire Higgins on their "scientific advisory board" but it's just nothing in comparison to Tsuji & co. They seem to be more talking in "possibilities". Yes much is possible, trying to achieve something is a different kind of game.

Also apparently Jahoda, Christiano and Higgins are/were still struggling with maintaining DP signature gene expression in culture and Tsuji seems to have fixed that already. He is probably way ahead of everyone.

Tsuji is the best thing that could have happened for us. It's all about him (at least for me). The more the merrier though, that's true.

drakeznathan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice find!

I don't get warm from it though. First of all it seems to be from Bessam Farjo, just a hair transplant doctor. Yes they have Claire Higgins on their "scientific advisory board" but it's just nothing in comparison to Tsuji & co. They seem to be more talking in "possibilities". Yes much is possible, trying to achieve something is a different kind of game.

Also apparently Jahoda, Christiano and Higgins are/were still struggling with maintaining DP signature gene expression in culture and Tsuji seems to have fixed that already. He is probably way ahead of everyone.

Tsuji is the best thing that could have happened for us. It's all about him (at least for me). The more the merrier though, that's true.

Holding on to Tsuji. Hope we are able to get our childhood hairline.

TJT

My Regimen
Reaction score
...still struggling with maintaining DP signature gene expression in culture and Tsuji seems to have fixed that already. He is probably way ahead of everyone.

Swoop, do you have evidence for the above or are you assuming that's the case since he managed to get Kyocera on board?