Hair Transplants in the UK

GeminiX

Reaction score
I have been looking around for a decent transplant clinic in the UK; I'm looking for one that is particularly good with hair lines.

Can anyone recommend anybody?

D

Madhair82

Reaction score
yea, I'd like to know also, I'm almost 22y/o, and have been losing my hair since before I was 17y/0, it's mostly my hairline that has changed, I now only have hair in the middle of my head for about 1/3 of the way back now, it's very distressing, as I hate going out if the sun's very bright, or it's raining or breezy, it has changed my life and I think the only option is the transplant procedure...

I have an appointment in London Harley Street with 'the hospital group' hair surgeons next month, and have already had a consultation with a guy here in Belfast, who showed me brilliant 'looking' photos of himself, and said that he only deals with one surgeon who is inn Paris, but says that this guy is the president of the European hair 'something or other' and is the best around according to this consultant, he says that he does work for him as a favour, and is not a commercial hair surgeon, which made me very sceptical and put me off a bit...

Now, I heard of another thing called the 'NHI Choi Implanter' procedure, I requested a dvd brochure and it all sounds good, but doesn't show much of the results which again made me sceptical, in this one they say they use a new thing called a choi implanter for the hair which is smaller than the usual type and that you get 30% more density and more hair can be transplanted in one procedure (up to 6,000 they say) this can only be done in Athens, Greece...

I don't know where to go or who to get for my hair transplant (UK/Ire or even Paris/Athens) everybody claims to be better than everybody else, anyone any idea, does anyone know anybody that has gone with the Choi procedure???

scottyuk

Reaction score
There is only one really good doctor in the UK , Dr Rogers down in Stratford On Avon , I've had two procedures now with him and hes quality. I did loads of research and there are basically 3 "respectable" ones in the whole of the UK , Farjo ( in Manchester ) , May ( London ) and Rogers , Rogers is the best by a distance from the research I did , he's the only one using the hasson and wong blades , packing grafts tighter than 20-25 per cm2 and doing FUE. Theres a lot of info on him on one of the other hairloss websites , I'd post it but I'm not sure if it's allowed here. If you guys want some info , let me know in this thread and I'll give you my email address.

Scott

GeminiX

Reaction score
Ah, I just came back from an appontment with Dr. Rogers in Stratford (Pesky new one way system really upset my sat nav, lol).

I was very impressed by his practice, and he quoted me £3,000 to finish the job that the drugs started (Basically build a new femenine hairline).

I have another appointment with Nortons before I decide, but I was certainly impressed with what I saw at Rogers Medical.

D

butchered

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
Ah, I just came back from an appontment with Dr. Rogers in Stratford (Pesky new one way system really upset my sat nav, lol).

I was very impressed by his practice, and he quoted me £3,000 to finish the job that the drugs started (Basically build a new femenine hairline).

I have another appointment with Nortons before I decide, but I was certainly impressed with what I saw at Rogers Medical.

Darren

Please, do not whatever you do go to Norton Clinic in Wakefield, these are the bastards that butchered me 3 months ago. What they won't tell you is that Dr Norton was struck off for disfiguring his former patients, he now leases the clinic to other doctors to get round this.

By butchered I mean I've been left with a 2cm wide, 20 cm long bald strip at the back of my head below the donor scar. I was hoping it was shockloss but there is no sign of any hair growing and the scar is quite wide at 6mm - all this for a measly 400 grafts for £2000.

This was my 4th procedure in the UK and boy do I regret them after having visited Hasson and Wong in Vancouver a month ago and found resources such as these. Thankfully, they can fix me up and put this nightmare of the last 7 years behind me where I don't want to go out anymore and need anti-depressants just to function normally after being disfigured.

You are seeing the best doctor in the UK but if I were you I would spend the extra money and go to someone like H&W, Armani, Cole and others. Their results speak for themselves, I've met this guy in person (jotowen.com) and his results are incredible. Yes he does work for H&W now but that is irrelevant to judging the quality of the work done on him.

Don't make the same mistake I and others have made in not having done our research or wanting to travel far and take time off for this. This is one of the most important cosmetic surgeries you can have that needs to be done right - in the wrong hands you end up with depression and sometimes even suicide.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Wow, that's awful, where did it go so wrong?

Looks are very important to me as I need a completely new hairline (Not just the rebuilding of what I once had).

I must say the two example photographs that Dr. Rogers showed me of two other recent Transsexuals he had worked on were very impressive; one girl had far less hair to begin with than I do now.

Can you give me more information on the other clinics you recommend, the time off and finances are not really an issue as long as I plan my time properly.

Darren

Madhair82

Reaction score
I have been speaking with 'Malcolm Mendelson' of NHI Choi Clinics (working in Athens) http://www.hair-raiser.com he sounds good and is quite informative, but does anybody know if he is good, or have any experience with him, the surgeon he uses is called Dr. Alexandros Santo MD...

butchered

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
Wow, that's awful, where did it go so wrong?

Looks are very important to me as I need a completely new hairline (Not just the rebuilding of what I once had).

I must say the two example photographs that Dr. Rogers showed me of two other recent Transsexuals he had worked on were very impressive; one girl had far less hair to begin with than I do now.

Can you give me more information on the other clinics you recommend, the time off and finances are not really an issue as long as I plan my time properly.

Darren

Didn't realize you are TS, in that case it is even more important that you go to the best - it's not just the hair for you in your case. The best (garnered from other posters, personal visits etc) are Hasson and Wong (Vancouver), Rogers and Alvi in Toronto and Cole in Atlanta. Go to hairlosshelp.com to find links and examples / testimonials from former patients. Cost wise you are looking at about £6000 for 3000 grafts, jotowen.com had 7000 to give you an idea of coverage. Don't forget though you get a holiday while you are it (I'm going skiing after my op there in march!). You are looking at two weeks post op before all evidence of your procedure has faded away - only 2-3 days post op of taking it easy and recovering.

Having lived in UK and US for many years, and having undergone medical procedures (not all hair transplant) in both, the US / Canada are at least at decade ahead of anywhere else. What's another 3K to get state of the art for the rest of your life and avoid the mistakes I and many others have made?

Good luck to you whatever you decide, just make sure it is a well informed decision, you are lucky the net and people willing to share their experiences exist to help you.

swervy

Reaction score
Madhair82 said:
yea, any help would be much appreciated...

Can anybody give some information,contact No's e.t.c of these sugeons in the U.K, Namely Rogers in Stratford, Farjo in Manchester and May in London, i have been thinking about booking an appoaintment with the DHI in Lndon any body had any god feed back about these guys ?