Hair Transplant

moviegirl

Reaction score
Hello,

I started having thinning hair in my late 30's. I went to doctors, had blood work done, ordered Diane 35 from New Zealand(the US gov't. shut that website down plus I wasn't getting the results I wanted. When some strangers made comments about my hair, I knew I wanted a more permanent result. I did research on the Internet and flew to NYC. I spoke with some doctors and one especially was highly spoken of. He had a cancellation that afternoon. I flew back home and set up an appointment for Aug. 2004. You're encouraged to fly into NYC the night before surgery. A button down shirt is advised. Blood work has to be sent a few weeks before. Hair is cut from the side and back of head. Your scalp is numbed. It takes about 5 hrs. or so for this procedure. I was told 800 hairs would be used. During a break, the doctor said I had a loose scalp so 400 more hairs were able to be used. A scarf is necessary to hide the bandages. The next day the bandages are removed and pills for swelling are given. Nine months later you see the final results. I have 2 more transplants to go. I still use Toppik and take many vitamins. I also take Viviscal. Hats or caps are great to have as back up as well. This cosmetic option has worked for me. Patience and hope are two main ingredients for this option. I never thought I'd use my car mirror to check out the results but I do! :) I am 41 yrs. old so don't let age get in the way!

Best,
Moviegirl

Tu

Reaction score
NY doctor?

Could you list the name of the doctor in New York please?

Thanks you very much!

moviegirl

Reaction score
Doctor

Hello,

His name is Dr. Walter Unger. He has an office in NYC and Canada.

Take care,
Nelly