Hair Transplant Without Any Treatments (finasteride, Min, ...etc)?

HNMB

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it pretty much guaranteed to look bad since more hair will eventually thin behind the transplant?

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless your hair loss is stabilised without treatments (final stage), it is as advisable to take finastride at least.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at Melvin from the Hair Transplant Network and look at his transplants, that’s about the best you can get from transplants without treatment (pretty good) unless your not destined for nw6

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at Melvin from the Hair Transplant Network and look at his transplants, that’s about the best you can get from transplants without treatment (pretty good) unless your not destined for nw6

If you're talking about the moderator Melvin, he mentions he uses min and nizoral on his profile (unless thats old info).

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Melvin is a clown. That site is biased towards any clinic that pays them to be a ‘reputable clinic’ complete con artists. If they don’t pay them then they won’t speak about them.

Anyway, back to the point - as mentioned above if your hair loss is stabilised finasteride isn’t needed. I had fue and don’t take finasteride, however do take minoxidil and some vitamins.

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been wondering the same thing. I saw a small study (which I wasn't able to find today) suggesting finasteride helps quite significantly post-surgery with survival of grafts.

If finasteride has nothing to do with survival of grafts however, then we can probably go by how aggressive your hairloss is. Mine from age 17-30 is slow, so I might risk it.

And maybe I haven't seen bad results to go by, but hairline is always the most important to your appearance. If you lose more at the crown later on but still have a good hairline, it won't destroy your appearance overall. I do understand the hypothetical scenario of losing behind the hairline, but if you keep your hair a bit longer that wouldn't be disastrous either. Again, still better than egghead frontal view.

bucksins6x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Melvin is a clown. That site is biased towards any clinic that pays them to be a ‘reputable clinic’ complete con artists. If they don’t pay them then they won’t speak about them.

Anyway, back to the point - as mentioned above if your hair loss is stabilised finasteride isn’t needed. I had fue and don’t take finasteride, however do take minoxidil and some vitamins.
How is he a clown? I’m talking about his personal transplant which he has at a norwood 6. He mentions he gets terrible sides in finasteride and has been using minoxidil on and off for years.