Hair Transplant W/not Enough Donor Area?

ApproachingNormal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Curious, can I get a hair transplant with not having a big donor area? I seem to have a small head. I talked to a couple surgeons and they said I don’t have enough donor area so I am wondering what are my options? I am not looking to do a tattoo on my scalp or wear a wig. I have been taking finesteride for about 9 months and using Rogaine foam for about 2 years with no noticeable results except for baby fiine hairs in the front of my scalp that are not thickening or growing.

I could hair less

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a small head also...how many grafts were at the donor area?

even if 1,500 grafts should help somewhat depending on your male pattern baldness level..

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Curious, can I get a hair transplant with not having a big donor area? I seem to have a small head. I talked to a couple surgeons and they said I don’t have enough donor area so I am wondering what are my options? I am not looking to do a tattoo on my scalp or wear a wig. I have been taking finesteride for about 9 months and using Rogaine foam for about 2 years with no noticeable results except for baby fiine hairs in the front of my scalp that are not thickening or growing.

Options for baldies
1- wear a wig .. but you dont want to
2-get smp..but you dont want to
3-take drugs.. they did not work for you
4-transplant .. you are not a good candidate
5-"shave it bro" .. that's your only remaining option

ApproachingNormal

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a small head also...how many grafts were at the donor area?

even if 1,500 grafts should help somewhat depending on your male pattern baldness level..
I actually did a phone interview with a couple surgeons. One did not want to waste his time and the other wanted to transplant hair in the front and do micropigmentation for the rear of the scalp.
I continue to take finesteride as I am on my 9th month and use rogain. I guess I am hoping something will change soon.

ApproachingNormal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Options for baldies
1- wear a wig .. but you dont want to
2-get smp..but you dont want to
3-take drugs.. they did not work for you
4-transplant .. you are not a good candidate
5-"shave it bro" .. that's your only remaining option
That’s what I rock now, a shaved head. Not digging it though but that’s my only option for now ;-)

ApproachingNormal

My Regimen
Reaction score
did the measure your head? or how they do identify you dont have a big enough donor area?
No they never measured. I guess from the pictures I sent them they supposedly could tell.
I am currently trying new things that seem to be slowly working. I started taking 0.5mg of Dutasteride. The doctor have me an prescription and I got a 100 pills from Costco for $36 which is extremely cheap and legit. I am still taking 1mg of finesteride with the Duta, so far no side effects. I added something new to th mix called Dr. Pen electronic microneedling once every two weeks and I still use a derma roller twice a month. The results are slow but I think they will get there.
I'll give all of this until the end of the year to see if it works. If all fails I lose nothing but what's already been lost, my hair and some time/money.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Aren’t they doing cloning now? I know done doctors will use body hair to do them. I used up my entire donor supply for just an inch or so of hairline. Doctors did a horrible job then I had to have corrective procedures. Many of the ones before the corrections didn’t take so I’ve got strip scars and punch hole scars. I’m frightened if I ever have to go on chemo on my scars being seen