Hair Transplant+smp+buzz Cut.. Would It Work?

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi.
when I was 15 I noticed that I am losing my hair. I remember when I combed my hair on a white paper I used to find 10s of hairs. I freaked out. I was torn whenever I combed my hair or took a shower. I was sure that I ll be bald when I am 20. After 2 years of miserable suffering, I decided to shave my hair and end my suffering. I shaved my hair very short( I set length 1 on the razor ) and shaved my head. To my surprise it looked good and everyone told me that it suits me much more .. so I kept my hair like this since that moment. Fast forward I am 27 and luckily I still have hair and did not get bald at 20. I am diffuse thinner so I still have hair all over my head but it is getting thinner thinner every year. So I know now I either have to take finasteride or get bald within the next 2-3 years.

Buzz cut looks good for my head, but having a bald head is a different story and not having a hairline will make me look 10 year older. I liked the idea of SMP but what if someone touches my hair and find no texture , and just skin ? it will be very obvious, plus when there is no hair in the hairline it does not look natural. So I was thinking about having a hair transplant in the future where I concentrate on the hairline and then do SMP to cover the rest and continue to buzz cut... is there a chance that this can work? does anybody know if anyone did this ?

ariel12160

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it's pretty common to have a transplant and then make the hair darker using SMP, I think it could work good, especially if you say that buzz cut suit you.

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi.
when I was 15 I noticed that I am losing my hair. I remember when I combed my hair on a white paper I used to find 10s of hairs. I freaked out. I was torn whenever I combed my hair or took a shower. I was sure that I ll be bald when I am 20. After 2 years of miserable suffering, I decided to shave my hair and end my suffering. I shaved my hair very short( I set length 1 on the razor ) and shaved my head. To my surprise it looked good and everyone told me that it suits me much more .. so I kept my hair like this since that moment. Fast forward I am 27 and luckily I still have hair and did not get bald at 20. I am diffuse thinner so I still have hair all over my head but it is getting thinner thinner every year. So I know now I either have to take finasteride or get bald within the next 2-3 years.

Buzz cut looks good for my head, but having a bald head is a different story and not having a hairline will make me look 10 year older. I liked the idea of SMP but what if someone touches my hair and find no texture , and just skin ? it will be very obvious, plus when there is no hair in the hairline it does not look natural. So I was thinking about having a hair transplant in the future where I concentrate on the hairline and then do SMP to cover the rest and continue to buzz cut... is there a chance that this can work? does anybody know if anyone did this ?

I had smp , I know have a transplant but nobody could tell I was bald , even after I told people they touched my head and due to a few tiny hairs it felt like I had hair just get the smp it will look fine

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had smp , I know have a transplant but nobody could tell I was bald , even after I told people they touched my head and due to a few tiny hairs it felt like I had hair just get the smp it will look fine
What was your norwood? I mean if someone was slick bald it would be detectable when touched due to the absence of stubble feeling .. right?

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like an excellent plan of action. If I looked good with a buzzcut I would definitely just run SMP and take hair loss meds to prevent the loss of what I currently have. But unfortunately my head shape is bad.

Felipe302

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, it could work great IF the SMP takes on your scars from FUE.

For some reason, there are people who undergo SMP only to find out that the scars do not take the pigment, it just "bleeds" out of the scarred tissue.

My advice would be to go slow on the FUE.

First do a small session, maybe 1000 grafts spread through the frontal area.

Keep your hair short and after 8 months, go for the SMP on the scars to see if it works.

If it works fine, just fill the rest of your head.

If you type FUE SMP on youtube, or google it, you will find a few cases.