hair transplant set up for the 12th of feb and terrified

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont get terrified often but when it comes to my credit and my looks I let things bother me.

My hair transplant is set up for the 12th and I think its normal to get nervous but really Im just terrified.
Im of course dealing with the usual thoughts

wont look good
the need for future surgeries
wasting the money
will my sides recede giving me island head?
Will it be obvious?

I can NOT use finasteride so I am literally relying on minoxidil. The hair transplant Doctor wants to perscribe me a topical finasteride thinking I wont get the sides I got from the pill but I just cant see how thats possible since it still has to enter the blood stream.
I tried shaving for like 2 to 3 years and honestly just hate the way I look. As stated my brother is 2 years younger and its obvious he will never have to deal with hairloss which I think drives me even harder to this. I cant deal with him actually getting better looking as he ages and me degenerating.

Is there any way to deal with this anxiety?

maher

Banned
Reaction score
You are very frustrated and negative guy. You should be happy for your brother. And you have to stay positive about your hair transplant.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont get terrified often but when it comes to my credit and my looks I let things bother me.

My hair transplant is set up for the 12th and I think its normal to get nervous but really Im just terrified.
Im of course dealing with the usual thoughts

wont look good
the need for future surgeries
wasting the money
will my sides recede giving me island head?
Will it be obvious?

I can NOT use finasteride so I am literally relying on minoxidil. The hair transplant Doctor wants to perscribe me a topical finasteride thinking I wont get the sides I got from the pill but I just cant see how thats possible since it still has to enter the blood stream.
I tried shaving for like 2 to 3 years and honestly just hate the way I look. As stated my brother is 2 years younger and its obvious he will never have to deal with hairloss which I think drives me even harder to this. I cant deal with him actually getting better looking as he ages and me degenerating.

Is there any way to deal with this anxiety?

Good luck with the op Swingline!

I think it's normal to have all these worries. I also think it's most important for anybody getting a hair transplant, that they manage their expectations effectively and realise that even the best hair transplant is not going to give you that 100 % perfect head of hear, and aesthetic perfection look that so many hair transplant customers crave and desire.

I do understand your brother situation. I have a brother who is older than me by 6 years. yet still has a full head of hair while I on the other hand am a steadily advancing NW3.5 and destined be a a NW5 in the next 5 years.

The anger and sense of injustice I felt over this, was what initially drove me to get on finasteride, but after all the sides and also learning about the amount of money and constant maintenance needed for a lifetime of hair transplants I've slowly, slowly eased my stance and am now more willing to work with what I've got and accept the 100% inevitable fate of baldness.

I know that I don't look perfect, but by the same token I realise I still don't look as bad as I perceive myself to be, when I look in the mirror on those "depressed about my hair" days. Moreover, I know that clutching on to my Nw3.5 and growing it out makes me look 100 x worse than the buzzed down look.

lol, it does help also that for my new job I have relocated 200 miles away now and so don't have to see my brother and his perfect head of hair all the time anymore :woot: but luckily we've always had a good relationship and he's very supportive and has never given me any sh*t about my hairloss, otherwise I'd be probably be raging on here all the time.

Anyway, you're only a nw2.5-3 right? So a new transplant should look fine on top of that for the first 5-10 years at least, after that either make sure you've got funds for some follow up work or if not just get a high quality piece.

I mean I've never been a massive fan of hair pieces, but if you're like most people on this forum, desperate for that perfect looking hairline and perfect head of hair, then until new cures become available, a high quality piece is the best bet for that.

It's really shocked me actually, since graduating 4 years ago, the number of young colleagues and professionals I've witnessed out there all sporting hair pieces, but even more surprising is the fact that no other workers, male or female seem to notice, or even bat an eyelid at these things on their head! wtf?? :woot: lol, I'm there every day eyeballing the f*ck out of these guys impossibly good looking hairlines and the fact the hairstyle is the exact same every single day and doesn't blend in 100% with the rest of their hair, while everybody else does't notice a thing! It's crazy and really has made me re-evaluate hairpieces. I mean these pieces they wear are just average by modern standards, but high quality pieces are supposed to be undetectable even to experienced Norwood spotters like myself. I think for the young guy in their early 20s who is already NW4+ the hairpiece is no longer the laughing stock it used to be, in my experience people don't even notice them thesedays, let alone gossip or take the p*ss out of them.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hope you've done enough research and actually checked out this doctor to see if he truly legit because you can only blame yourself is he ****s you over. What hair transplant you getting btw, fue or fut?

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Mines coming up on the 19th. I booked for 1500 grafts FUE. most likely need another 1000 in a year. I keep second guessing myself but I'm in good hands..... I hope :)

Last edited:

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope you've done enough research and actually checked out this doctor to see if he truly legit because you can only blame yourself is he ****s you over. What hair transplant you getting btw, fue or fut?

FUE
wont do FUT

Petchsky

Reaction score
Well on the plus side you went be left with a big smily scar if **** does go wrong.

Have you tried searching on hairtronplant network for any info on past patients from your Doctor? - spelt that wrong as it is normally ***** out otherwise.

ed2a - maybe use topical spironolactone? minoxidil is not helping with lowering DHT...

Last edited: