hair transplant scars and FUE

rhdd

Reaction score
I am thinking about a hair transplant. I don't like the big scar it leaves. Has anyone had a hair transplant that didn't leave a visible scar.. Has anyone had a FUE done and how do you like the results..

sal1

Reaction score
Hey rhdd.

I had hair transplant 8 years ago in crown area. Not a good result at all. I did get a big scar in the donar area. The coverage from the hair transplant itself was not good either. I was pissed for a long time after that. I'm talking years of regret.

Then I started to lose my hair in the front a few years ago. :freaked: I was freaked becasue of what I went through years before. I couldnt cut my hair short becasue the scar in the back looked so horrible.

But I heard the hair transplant procdure changed over the years so I did some research for a long time on these changes. I found a great Dr. (unlike the hack I had the first time) and I felt a bit better. Having frontal work was a real big deal because I didnt trust it would look natural. Then my Dr. told me he would fix the old scar in the back of my head so it would be undetectible. So I went for it.

I had procedure last October and I cant believe the difference. He did a great job! And as far as the scar from original hair transplant he fixed it just like he said he would. Cant even see it and I cut my hair short in the back now.

It all comes down to finding a good Dr. that has skill and who cares about his or her work. Mine was Dr. Brett Bolton here in Cleveland. Serveral others have found and used other good DR's. Just do your research.

The procedure has changed alot over the years. I have been exposed to them. The results from this past hair transplant are better than I expected. No one can tell. I wore a hat every moment of every day to hide my head. Not any more. Love it. :rockon:

Good luck.

ts808

Reaction score
Hey Sal1,
How ya' doin'? It's been a while since I've been around here. I bet your hair is looking great these days! Congrats!
rhdd,
In the hands of the right surgeon, your scar could be as small as 1mm, or even less. In the wrong hands, I've seen them as big as 1cm. I have an upcoming procedure with Hasson & Wong and I chose them after meeting a couple of patients in person. Their scars were very small. These guys buzzed their heads in the back and you couldn't see it. I couldn't tell the difference between the native hair and the transplanted grafts! They use the lateral slit technique, which allows them to do dense packing and leaves minimal disruption to the scalp's surface. No bumps or divots.
FUE/FIT leaves no linear scar and might be a better choice if you ever decide to shave your head. The only catch is that it's a lot more expensive. Maybe prices will drop a bit in a year or two. Good luck!

RecepYeah

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did my FUE there is no Scars no Bleeding no nothing. Honestly its not as bad as people say it is lol. Doctor.Gulten unveren does wonders.

Dr. Satya Saraswat

My Regimen
Reaction score
Resons for FUE Hair Transplant Surgery:-
  • Creates large donor pools as the surgeon can take grafts from other areas of the body like beard.
  • Provides natural angulation and direction to the hair.
  • Lower rate of follicle transection
  • Can be performed with grey hair.
  • Swifter procedure

Reaction score
Thanks For sharing Great information with us.
The FUE hair transplant technique has many benefits – including the fact that there is minimal scarring – whereas the alternative FUT method leaves small linear scars which will need to be covered by hair.