Hair Transplant Results Which One Is Better ? Two Different Doctors

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The single pictures are from the first doctor and the the images with mutiple results in one are from the second doctor

Attachments

• 45C245A0-4500-4844-B9DE-2B0FADE931A1.jpeg
    45C245A0-4500-4844-B9DE-2B0FADE931A1.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 263
  • DB6779EA-8031-4098-A38F-F2C4E986D47D.jpeg
    DB6779EA-8031-4098-A38F-F2C4E986D47D.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 7B046FC7-48CF-4646-8126-4A1B8A5F7583.jpeg
    7B046FC7-48CF-4646-8126-4A1B8A5F7583.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 283
  • 0F7F8AF6-CCD9-4B8E-B8E6-A7B5BE0BFD86.jpeg
    0F7F8AF6-CCD9-4B8E-B8E6-A7B5BE0BFD86.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 264
  • 398500CB-6D11-4A46-88DB-BA597733BC72.png
    398500CB-6D11-4A46-88DB-BA597733BC72.png
    608.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 90A732B5-4394-453A-BF75-15A7A3BB4748.png
    90A732B5-4394-453A-BF75-15A7A3BB4748.png
    615.3 KB · Views: 298

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The single pics look better, but that may only be the best outcomes for both, You never know.

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The single pics look better, but that may only be the best outcomes for both, You never know.
The singles are from maitland clinic in the uk doctor ball and the other are from feller hairtransplant both reputabule doctors

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im still trying to decicde which do tor i will be going to in the future currently a norwood 1.5.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally would not make a choice of surgeon with a high priority of picture comparisons. It is obviously essential that they have these to show their previous success, but I feel that without hearing the experience from these patients themselves, these results carry less weight. Perhaps trawl thru the forums for personal testimony and see if anyone has posted their journey from immediately post-op to at least a year?
To me, it is more important to get a feel of the general approach of each surgeon (aggressive/conservative?), their attitude towards the suitability of the procedure with personal needs, consideration of future prospects, and general ethics.
If at any stage it becomes obvious that their finance focus outweighs anything else, walk away.
I'm sure you've heard this numerous times....UK is really NOT the best place for hair transplants with regards to pricing, lack of expertise and general proven track record etc. If you can bring yourself to consider going somewhere within a short flight/train ride away, you are likely to do much better.

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally would not make a choice of surgeon with a high priority of picture comparisons. It is obviously essential that they have these to show their previous success, but I feel that without hearing the experience from these patients themselves, these results carry less weight. Perhaps trawl thru the forums for personal testimony and see if anyone has posted their journey from immediately post-op to at least a year?
To me, it is more important to get a feel of the general approach of each surgeon (aggressive/conservative?), their attitude towards the suitability of the procedure with personal needs, consideration of future prospects, and general ethics.
If at any stage it becomes obvious that their finance focus outweighs anything else, walk away.
I'm sure you've heard this numerous times....UK is really NOT the best place for hair transplants with regards to pricing, lack of expertise and general proven track record etc. If you can bring yourself to consider going somewhere within a short flight/train ride away, you are likely to do much better.
Both surgeons are reputable one is from uk and the other is from us. I know uk has some bad surgeons with bad results. This is becuase they cant do natrual transplants such as single grafts in the hairline and correct density and good hairline designs. But dr edward ball is a really good surgeon and is the only well reputable surgeon in the uk. Joe tilman explains and shows the work of dr edward ball and people have documented it. Same with feller us and the have hd comb theoughs aswell.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously you have done your research into these two surgeons, and they are probably reasonably good choices.
I understand that many UK residents are totally against the idea of travelling abroad for this procedure. However, given that you are even prepared to travel all the way to USA, I would personally consider somewhere else in Europe as well (speaking for myself, I still cannot think of any reasons I would choose anyone in UK). Of course the choice is yours and you may have reasons to prefer the above-mentioned two over all other reputable surgeons.
Good luck with your choice and keep us updated.

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously you have done your research into these two surgeons, and they are probably reasonably good choices.
I understand that many UK residents are totally against the idea of travelling abroad for this procedure. However, given that you are even prepared to travel all the way to USA, I would personally consider somewhere else in Europe as well (speaking for myself, I still cannot think of any reasons I would choose anyone in UK). Of course the choice is yours and you may have reasons to prefer the above-mentioned two over all other reputable surgeons.
Good luck with your choice and keep us updated.
You got any recommendations bro for suregeons ?

Raphael84

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Khguy

It’s great to see you doing your research and due diligence. How have you decided on these two physicians?

The photos you compare are not the best subjects. For example, your first photographs seems to show “younger” patients with a lesser extent of loss, whilst the second set are older with a more progressed pattern.

Of course everybody looks for photos that they can relate to. But bone structure, facial dimensions, size of head all must be considered before you even think about the hair. Donor, density, how many hairs per follical, minaturisation.

All of these elements are personal to you, and so you must select a physician who has the experiences and quality to plan for you personally. Taking donor management and future loss into consideration.

Have you consulted with the Drs? What have they suggested/recommended.

If I can help at all, let me know.

Raphael84

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are looking for for further recommendations for surgeons, conduct a search for Dr B-isanga and Dr Cole both here and other forums.

The ultimate hair transplant mentor joe Tillman recently published the following video discussing Dr Coles work. I believe that you will find it valuable.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You got any recommendations bro for suregeons ?
I have only had one experience to report and that was with Dr. B-sanga in Belgium. I made the choice by narrowing down to a few, then eventually I felt that he was the one that suited my personal needs. His approach seemed more realistic and patient orientated rather than finance focused (as many Turkish clinics seem to be, quoting incredibly high graft numbers etc) As mentioned above, it seems that he now has a clinic in Athens too.
I'm currently 4.5 months post procedure, so not a huge amount to report other than my thread under FUT section of forum... From what I can see it seems to be on track for a result that I can happy with.

Last edited:

Raphael84

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Rocknroutlaw
Thanks for your comments on Dr B-isanga. He is undoubtedly amongst the very best in hair transplant surgeons worldwide. He results speak for themselves. I understand that his Brussels clinic out prices many individuals. This is where the fantastic opportunity and price point of Athens will make him more accessible to a wider group.

It may appear that Dr. B-isanga and Dr. Cole have formed this clinic for financial means. They have not. They both have extremely successful practices where they can demand a much higher price point than Athens, and generally with a healthy waiting list and surgery scheduled several months in advance. They formed this clinic out of a necessity to help a population of people that lack the financial resources to live happy and productive lives free from concerns over their hair loss and to help them avoid unsafe clinics due to a lack of financial means. The subset of individuals with limited funds is much larger than the group with a large bank account. This group will also be more appreciative and we will help them avoid bad surgery in low cost clinics. Our mission is to help these people. The effort to protect patients is why we have opened the clinic in Athens. Our mission is clear. We are protecting patients from inferior quality surgery.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Raphael84 That's good to hear. Nice to know prices will be lower in Athens, giving those who are hesitant about Turkey an alternative. I could have probably saved some money had I waited but there is nothing like hopping on Eurostar and getting to and from place of surgery, so i'm still happy with the choice I made.
To be honest, whatever their motivation is for opening this Athens clinic it's a good thing for the industry (and why shouldn't they make money from it? It's a business model that works).
The only thing I'd say is those coming from UK who don't wanna travel far will probably be unlikely to warm to the idea of Athens either.
Hope it goes well with the new clinic! Meanwhile I shall get back to scalp massages and supplements hoping for a more speedy growth lol.

Last edited:

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Khguy

It’s great to see you doing your research and due diligence. How have you decided on these two physicians?

The photos you compare are not the best subjects. For example, your first photographs seems to show “younger” patients with a lesser extent of loss, whilst the second set are older with a more progressed pattern.

Of course everybody looks for photos that they can relate to. But bone structure, facial dimensions, size of head all must be considered before you even think about the hair. Donor, density, how many hairs per follical, minaturisation.

All of these elements are personal to you, and so you must select a physician who has the experiences and quality to plan for you personally. Taking donor management and future loss into consideration.

Have you consulted with the Drs? What have they suggested/recommended.

If I can help at all, let me know.
Hi thabks for your input and help much apreciated. My hairloss isnt that bad at the moment. Its about a 1.5 pushing to a norwood 2. I will get a hair transplant when i get to a norwood 2+ and 3. These two surgeons were recommended from joe tillman. Im just doing research at the moment compareing diffrernt results. My farther side has no hairloss but my side has 3 brother that went bald but her other 2 did not. Anything can happen during the years so if rather do research before i actually need surgery