Hair Transplant Questions For Someone From Overseas

baldingbrahhh

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those who got one, how long did you have to make an appointment in advance? How did you find out what doctor to go to. How much did it hurt/was the recovery time. How did your hair hold up and what would i have to do to make an eventual appointment if i'm overseas?

I live in europe but i would ideally go to the USA to get one. Even though it's more expensive, i'm willing to work an entire year minimum wage full time and save up for it, rather than risk getting it in turkey for example.

The problem is: I have no idea how any of this works and i'm trying to educate myself. Since i live in europe, i can't just fly over to the USA, meet a doctor for consultation and then fly back home. Only to go back for the actual surgery.

Right now i'm a broke college student and my plan was to finish college, get a decent job and then get a hair transplant. But the depression and balding is sucking every life energy out of me and i just can't wait 5 years before getting one. I'm severely depressed. So i'm willing to just take a year off from college, work full time and then get a hair transplants and hope to god that it will actually work.

Right now i'm thinning extremely at the front (not yet at the crown)

but i'm also terrified of using finasteride due to so many conflicting stories and the possible side effects.

My baseline is has already receded and thinned so much, going on finasteride now seems dumb but then again, it's supposed to maintain. I can't imagine how i would feel if i get a hair transplant and if suddenly my crown starts receding like crazy, then i'm back to square one again, needing another hair transplant. I would have to take another year off from college, work, repeat etc. I would be going nowhere.

If anyone could help me in the right direction, i would really be extremely thankful.