hair transplant question

G

I went to a hairtransplant site and looked at patient before and after pictures. And some of the guys transplants look great. Looks like they have a full natural head of hair. But I noticed about half of the pics I looked at the guys transplants didnt look that great. I mean they looked way better than how it was before but their hairlines where still kinda far back. I read somewhere on this forum that doctors refuse to make grafts far up or something? Why would doctors refuse to do a quality job and make grafts on the front hairline and sides?

G

YoungGuy17 said:
I went to a hairtransplant site and looked at patient before and after pictures. And some of the guys transplants look great. Looks like they have a full natural head of hair. But I noticed about half of the pics I looked at the guys transplants didnt look that great. I mean they looked way better than how it was before but their hairlines where still kinda far back. I read somewhere on this forum that doctors refuse to make grafts far up or something? Why would doctors refuse to do a quality job and make grafts on the front hairline and sides?

It depends on where you are starting from and the likely path of your male pattern baldness. Also on how much donor hair is available.

For example, an MD should not try to give a man my age (54) a front hairline like I had at 20. I would look foolish even if he could pull that off. So, I have a hair transplant and I have a hariline that is commensurate with the rest of my hair, so it looks natural for ME.

For a 25 yrs old with mild thinning and who is on a drug therapy plan, the hairline can be much more aggressive.

Make sense?