Hair Transplant Question

Jay Tee

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I had a procedure done about 4 months ago. I've healed remarkably, but so far I can't see any sign of real progress. I had my first follow up visit this week and the doctor was making it seem like he could see tremendous progress, but I honestly feel like I look exactly as I did before the procedure. I was under the impression that I would begin seeing some progress by now. Am I just impatient? Is there any chance of me waiting a full year and not seeing any difference at all?

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Jay Tee said:
Is there any chance of me waiting a full year and not seeing any difference at all?
Not likely, unless you went to Bosley. :hmmm:

From what I can remember, it takes a couple months just for your newly transplanted hair to fall out(it's a stage) so it can begin to grow the good stuff, and hair doesn't grow that fast to begin with, so I wouldn't expect too much yet.
You should definitely see the difference in a year though.

Jay Tee

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks.

What's up with Bosley? I went to them for a consultation and the guy told me that he didn't think I'd be a good candidate for a hair transplant. I'm not even balding, just have a full head of thinning hair. So I ended up going to Medical Hair Restoration, and I have to say that I'm pleased as far as their professionalism and kindness. They made me feel right at home from the very first visit. Then afterwards, I got a call from the Bosley consultant (maybe a month ago) and he's telling me to come back because they're having a special reduced price. Sounded to me like they were hurting for business, considering the same guy had told me some months prior that I wouldn't be right for a hair transplant. So I guess their procedure work isn't much better than their customer relations, huh?