Hair Transplant Now Or Wait A Few Years?

Jmoney

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm considering a hair transplant as my hair loss has a constant negative impact on life.
I'm 27 and have been using finasteride for 2 years and it seems to have stopped the hair loss. At this point I am able to style it so it looks like a full head of hair, but when it rains or very windy the crown area are visible. At this moment I'm considering Erdogan to be my lifesaver.

What scale on the Norwood am I?
Hope to hear from you guys.

IMG_20180813_183414.jpg
IMG_20180813_183232.jpg
IMG_20180813_191545.jpg
IMG_20180813_191451.jpg
IMG_20180813_191421.jpg

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you're confident hairloss has halted, then sure why not. Currently NW3 vertex

Lonrot

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried minoxidil on your scalp? I wanted to get it done, but my doctor said I should increase the dosage of Minoxidil from 5% to 12% with Polaris. You still have plenty of frontal hair which is the hardest thing to recover with finasteride. I say try minoxidil 5% on your scalp for a year or even better use Polaris and see if you recover it without spending for a surgery.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go for it. Look as though you’d achieve a really good result if you were willing to put the time and money in.

Jessica Maan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, definitely you have to a chance for hair transplant treatment. This is the best treatment to stop hair fall.

Jmoney

Reaction score
Have you tried minoxidil on your scalp? I wanted to get it done, but my doctor said I should increase the dosage of Minoxidil from 5% to 12% with Polaris. You still have plenty of frontal hair which is the hardest thing to recover with finasteride. I say try minoxidil 5% on your scalp for a year or even better use Polaris and see if you recover it without spending for a surgery.

Hi
Thx for your reply. I stopped using minoxidil for like a year and a half ago. It sure gave me some improvements, but the time and effort that I had to put into this really innoyed me. However, I've just started using it again and might give it a year or so to see how well the result turns out before heading towards a surgery.

My biggest concern is getting a hairtransplant now and have a significant hairloss in the next couple of years.

However, I did send the pictures to Erdogan who suggested a surgery for the frontal area of 3000-3300 grafts. Do you think it's a fair amount?

Jmoney

Reaction score
Yes, definitely you have to a chance for hair transplant treatment. This is the best treatment to stop hair fall.

Hi
I'm not sure that it will stop the hair loss since the procedure is just to move hair around? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Jmoney

Reaction score
Go for it. Look as though you’d achieve a really good result if you were willing to put the time and money in.

Hi thanks for your reply.

Since my crown area are not bald but the hair is just very thin is a surgery even possible in this area?

Furthermore I've read a bit about shock loss, and taking my crowns condition in consideration, I think this area potentially could go worse if I have a transplant, or am I wrong with this assumption?

Last edited:

Jmoney

Reaction score
finasteride stopped your hairline miniaturization?

In the 2,5 years I have used finasteride I haven't noticed any further hair loss. The only thing worth mentioning is when I stopped using minoxidil I did notice that the hair gained in certain areas from minoxidil was falling out.