hair transplant into a thinning area?

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
Can you get a hair transplant into a thinning area, or do you generally wait transplant hair in bald areas

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
htownballa said:
Can you get a hair transplant into a thinning area, or do you generally wait transplant hair in bald areas

Absolutely, however the skill of the surgeon is very key. :wink: Some caveats: possible shockloss, possible transsection of the resident hairs. These are general risks of all hair transplant surgeries. One thing to consider about existing hairs is the nature of them. Are they vellous and miniaturizing? If they are and for some reason they do get shocked and transsected well they were aesthetically insignificant to begin with and there is no problem there. Please do your research before jumping in anyone's chair. :!: I just had 1491 grafts to fill in a congenital receding hairline and to thicken things up. I am a Norwood 2+. This involved planting into resident hairs but not excessively. When I figure out how to post pics I will show you.

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
gillenator said:
Do you have a diffused thinning pattern?

I have diffuse thinning, but I havent thinned noticeably in my crown area at all. Thinning has been most in the frontal areas.