Hair transplant during 20's

jetlee

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm 24 years old and i'm thinking of getting a hair transplant. I had problem with thining since i was 18 years I have tried many treatments since then but didn't have much luck. The treatments i have tried include rogaine, azelanic acid, folligan, tricommin, nizoral 2% shampoo, propecia, and lasercomb.
I also have used many concealers including fullmore, dermatop, and toppik.
Now i'm only using rogain, propecia and lasercomb.
I think the above treatment is preventing further loss but not gaining new hairs..
Now i'm feeling frustrated and tired of trying all these treatments and spending hours to try to conceal the thinning areas. It takes me almost hour to style my hair... I feel frustred with all these work...and not getting much improvement. I just wanna towel dry my hair and goto work... So i'm thinking of getting a transplant done...
actually i have been to bosley 3-4 years ago, but the guy at the office told me, it's too early for me to get a transplant.
I have lost considerable hair since then so i think i'll try it now.
I do think getting hair transplant at 24 is still early, but i do want to look good when i'm still in 20's....
I would like to hear from people who had hair transplant during 20's.
Thank you

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm sorry, i haven't had a hair transplant, but i'm 25 and am considering one. i have used propecia and minoxidil for over a year, and it has not greatly improved my situation. i have diffused thinning all over, but main problems at the crown. however, i have done enough research to know a strip procedure is not for me. i don't want to be bald in my 20s, but i don't mind in my 30s, and i would always like the option to shave my head. right now i'm looking at dr cole's direction and am considering have a lot of my leg hairs (which are a lot thicker and longer than the average guy's leg hair) along with some hair from the back of the scalp transplanted using his fit procedure.

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
sh*t there's guys out there that will take hairs from different parts of the body and transpalnt them to your head, I suppose it depends on how your body hair matches your head

sal1

Reaction score
Hey Jetlee.
24 is early for a hair transplant, but it may also depend on how much you have lost up to this point and WHY you have lost it. Is it male pattern baldness or the result of something else? I'd get that insight from a qualified DR. and then make a decision from there. It sounds like male pattern baldness but make sure. If a Dr. at a Hair Transplant clinic told you its too early you may want to really listen to that.

On the other hand I had my first hair transplant at 28 yrs old. I got hacked. That was over 8 years ago. But I have had 2 more recent hair transplant's (last october was last one) by a different Dr. and I'm very glad I did it.

Research your possibilities to great extents. This should be done no matter what age we are. And know that there are good solutions to help hairloss whether it be topicals, medicine, or transplants. If you do the homework you'll be happy. Good luck.

sal1

masters661

Reaction score
HAIR TRANSPLANTATION SUCCESS

I had seen enough family photos and hair stopping up the drains to finally admit I was losing my hair. That was in march 2001, I was 38, married, 3 kids and had just started a new job. My family and I have a very active lifestyle, many outdoor activities and I also work outdoors and coach sports. I knew that I didn't have the time to do the kind of searching for a "snake oil", a cure for my thinning hair. This forum was so helpfull and after carefull consideration, I opted for a hair transplant. Went to Bosley in NYC, met with two senior counselors and Dr. Grossenbacher. I was impressed with there professionalism, and found them to be very thorough with there examination of my hair, scalp and what my expectations were. Quite frankly I just wanted to get out of the shower in the morning and towel dry my hair. They said I would likely need two procedures, 1500 grafs for the first and another 1000 for the second.After the first surgery they suggested PROPECIA which I"ve been on since jan. 2002. My second surgery was in 2003, this was mery for density. My family and co-workers and friends didn't even know I had hair transplants. The surgery and results have been a huge success. The key was to not let the male pattern baldness go to far, I was thinning and my kids used to kid me on my little bald spot that would get sunburned in the summer. I don't get comments from them like that any more!

acfava

Reaction score
i think i read a post by dr. cole himself on hairlosshelp that he's weary of doing body hair FIT's. but i sure hope he will cuz i got a sh*t load of leg and arm hair. also, these hairs take the form of scalp hair once transplanted.

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
That would be cool, I'd rather hair on the top of my head than on my legs and chest. :lol:

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
I have read that if you use body hair it will grow like normal head hair
there is a dr in Aussie that has done a lot of resurch into using body hair
i think his name is Dr Woods

G

kiwi1973 said:
I have read that if you use body hair it will grow like normal head hair
there is a dr in Aussie that has done a lot of resurch into using body hair
i think his name is Dr Woods

No really but it can be used to fill in behind the hairline to some degree.

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
acfava said:
i think i read a post by dr. cole himself on hairlosshelp that he's weary of doing body hair FIT's. but i sure hope he will cuz i got a sh*t load of leg and arm hair. also, these hairs take the form of scalp hair once transplanted.

wow, how long ago was this post you read? dr cole has a forum of his own on his web site and when i inquired about it, he said it was the best idea if i decided to go for a hair transplant.

acfava

Reaction score
ams99: about a month or so ago. there are other doctors that will do this, like dr. feller in long island. i'm 22 and dr. feller emailed me about my inquiry and said to come in for a consultation. i probably will once i start working after i graduate. the thing that i have been reading (which is important for those who r younger that want hair transplant'S) is that doctors researching cloning/multiplication say that a traditional hair transplant will be needed to establish a good looking hairline, then the cloning/multiplication would be effective for the other areas. i say, if your young, get the hairline established now... in 5-10 yrs when u need more hair added just get ur scalp impregnated by dr. bazan!

joe_mama

Established Member
Reaction score
trans

Why would it matter if it's a cloned hair or an original (non-cloned) hair? Shouldn't the fact that it's a clone make it identicle to the hair it was cloned from?

canigia

Reaction score
are you definite that you can transplant your body hair to your head? have you heard that from a doctor? when i' ll pay a visit dhi i'll ask. if that is true then I am the luckiest guy because I look like a gorilla.

G

canigia said:
are you definite that you can transplant your body hair to your head? have you heard that from a doctor? when i' ll pay a visit dhi i'll ask. if that is true then I am the luckiest guy because I look like a gorilla.

You can and most good MDs will tell you that this is best done when donor hair is scarce and you are trying to fill in hair behind the hairline.

Apparently, the cosmetic outcome leaves a lot to be desired.

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
there is a dr in austraila who you body hair a lot
i think hes call dr woods
do a web search if you want more info

canigia

Reaction score
naaaaaaaah my donor hair are excellent. the problem is in the hairline. it would be good though to use body hair to lower the hairline. i have so much body hair, I can cover my whole face.

Bharath

Reaction score
Hi friends ,
im 22yrs old
i dont have any serious hair fall till now ,,
but i would like to take hair transplant . because my front side is some bald ,im not happy with that ,
(and it takes hours to set a proper style ..:(.. )
friends i need suggestions from you
is hair transplant is permanent ??
taking hair transplant in 20's is good idea ???
is any1 took hair transplant in 20's here ??