HAIR TRANSPLANT DECISION - WHICH IS THE BEST?

nikosgreece

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, i am 24 years old.

I am NW3 vertex.I use toppik also, it makes things a lit better, but hairline and temples are not so good. All my family is like NW7 from young age around 30 years old.

I started with finasteride 1 year ago, when i was NW3.. It stabilizes me , i not loose more. And i take also dutasteride high dose because my hairloss was agressive to completely block dht on scalp.And i will keep taking. This is my personal decision.+ oral minoxidil + other stimulants. In terms of drugs i am decide to use them forever, as long as i have not sides effects I have much discipline, apply topicals everyday etc. In terms of mediation i have done all i can do.

My plan is : making consultation with Top surgeons , not matter where they are and book an Hair transplant. Since most of them has wait list 6+ months, i will use this time to confirm if dutasteride, oral minoxidil and all the other drugs that i take, stabilize me. If stabilize me, i will do the surgery.

Since i am on extreme good mediation wth high dosage dutasteride, high oral minoxidil, bimatoprost etc etc and since i can go to the best hair transplant doctor, use body hair on future if needs, do SMP and use toppik also, i think i should make an hair transplant to cover the hairline and temples(on crown i put toppik), as this age is the best. I mean not so many grafts, but enough grafts to give me a boost, and also can apply topik to make it look even better.

So, i post my photos. One is how i was at 18 years old. All the others is how i am now. with wet hair, dry hair, different lighting, short or long hair.

And my question is :

1) do you think my donor area is good? someone told me that i have retrograde alopecia. is this true? how many grafts you think can be extracted? 6.000? am i average or below average?

2) i will book some visitings to hair transplant doctors near me, just to check my donor area etc. And then i am going to send the file (fotofinder trichorizogramme) to the surgeons i want to book , to check donor area accurately, what density is etc and ask them if they can accept me for hair transplant. Do you know what examination should i ask from doctors to be done? digital trichorizogramme with fotofinder programm? or trichoscopy? or both? is there something else i can do? i am going to send this file to some clinics and remain their response about how they think my donor is.

3) I can pay as much money as need to go to to the best doctor, there is not limit.. Also, i can travell everywhere and i can wait also a lot. Which option you think is best?

Couto? Lorenzo? Freitas? ferreira? Hasson & Wong, Konnior, Eugenix?Zarev?

i thik the first should be couto, but the second one which shoud be? (because he needs 3 years wait list).

4) Does the choose of doctor depends if i have good donor area, retrograde or not and my face characteritstics? for example if i finally not have good donor area, should couto considered still the best choice? or now lorentzo is better?

5) Do you think for first hair transplant, i am going to FUT or FUE?

6) Why Konnior price is like 3 times more than Couto? since couto considered the best of all?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 265
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 270
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 280
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 296
  • 5.png
    5.png
    572.8 KB · Views: 274
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 278
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 279
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 263
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 247
  • before.JPG
    before.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 260
  • before.JPG
    before.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 248

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hello, i am 24 years old.

I am NW3 vertex.I use toppik also, it makes things a lit better, but hairline and temples are not so good. All my family is like NW7 from young age around 30 years old.

I started with finasteride 1 year ago, when i was NW3.. It stabilizes me , i not loose more. And i take also dutasteride high dose because my hairloss was agressive to completely block dht on scalp.And i will keep taking. This is my personal decision.+ oral minoxidil + other stimulants. In terms of drugs i am decide to use them forever, as long as i have not sides effects I have much discipline, apply topicals everyday etc. In terms of mediation i have done all i can do.

My plan is : making consultation with Top surgeons , not matter where they are and book an Hair transplant. Since most of them has wait list 6+ months, i will use this time to confirm if dutasteride, oral minoxidil and all the other drugs that i take, stabilize me. If stabilize me, i will do the surgery.

Since i am on extreme good mediation wth high dosage dutasteride, high oral minoxidil, bimatoprost etc etc and since i can go to the best hair transplant doctor, use body hair on future if needs, do SMP and use toppik also, i think i should make an hair transplant to cover the hairline and temples(on crown i put toppik), as this age is the best. I mean not so many grafts, but enough grafts to give me a boost, and also can apply topik to make it look even better.

So, i post my photos. One is how i was at 18 years old. All the others is how i am now. with wet hair, dry hair, different lighting, short or long hair.

And my question is :

1) do you think my donor area is good? someone told me that i have retrograde alopecia. is this true? how many grafts you think can be extracted? 6.000? am i average or below average?

2) i will book some visitings to hair transplant doctors near me, just to check my donor area etc. And then i am going to send the file (fotofinder trichorizogramme) to the surgeons i want to book , to check donor area accurately, what density is etc and ask them if they can accept me for hair transplant. Do you know what examination should i ask from doctors to be done? digital trichorizogramme with fotofinder programm? or trichoscopy? or both? is there something else i can do? i am going to send this file to some clinics and remain their response about how they think my donor is.

3) I can pay as much money as need to go to to the best doctor, there is not limit.. Also, i can travell everywhere and i can wait also a lot. Which option you think is best?

Couto? Lorenzo? Freitas? ferreira? Hasson & Wong, Konnior, Eugenix?Zarev?

i thik the first should be couto, but the second one which shoud be? (because he needs 3 years wait list).

4) Does the choose of doctor depends if i have good donor area, retrograde or not and my face characteritstics? for example if i finally not have good donor area, should couto considered still the best choice? or now lorentzo is better?

5) Do you think for first hair transplant, i am going to FUT or FUE?

6) Why Konnior price is like 3 times more than Couto? since couto considered the best of all?
Go to Zarev with your case or at least consult with him.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you know why there are not reviews about zarev on internet? is zarev better than couto?
I visited your country in 2020,during covid.ADVANCED HAIR CLINIC if i remember correctly in Athens.This is the first consultation i ve had because we were staying right next door.The man seemed very knowledgeable.But keep in mind that you re very young and your hair-loss is very aggressive.Maybe you ll be happier with a system,and nobody has to know a thing.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I visited your country in 2020,during covid.ADVANCED HAIR CLINIC if i remember correctly in Athens.This is the first consultation i ve had because we were staying right next door.The man seemed very knowledgeable.But keep in mind that you re very young and your hair-loss is very aggressive.Maybe you ll be happier with a system,and nobody has to know a thing.
I’d stay the hell away from Advanced Hair Studio.. absolute butchers. No skill or clue about anything remotely in the hair transplant game.

Rahal or Couto is money is not a problem

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d stay the hell away from Advanced Hair Studio.. absolute butchers. No skill or clue about anything remotely in the hair transplant game.

Rahal or Couto is money is not a problem
I know nothing about them,i ve just saw them for 20 minutes.Are we talking about the same outfit?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know nothing about them,i ve just saw them for 20 minutes.Are we talking about the same outfit?
Yes they have clinics in different countries, absolute cowboys. Along with Bosley they are also best keeping a wide berth from.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes they have clinics in different countries, absolute cowboys. Along with Bosley they are also best keeping a wide berth from.
I ve had no idea.Its off the list then.

nikosgreece

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good evening, I am 24, I have closed 1 year oral finasteride and 6 months oral dutasteride and oral minoxidil. I attach a photo of how I am now, I saw a small regrowth in the hairline hairs from the treatment and on other areas stabilization.

1) I consulted with Couto, I went to Spain 1 week ago and he told me that of course he does not take me before 30. Also with a microscopic examination he told me that I am diffuse thinner and that I probably have DUPA, that is, that is worse. He told me that if I had dupa he would know in my 30s, where he told me to go and see me again. he told me that even at 30 he do not know if he will be able to take me on and if I am a suitable candidate for pm .. when I asked him how many grafts I have in the safe donor and how many in unsafe he did not tell me

2) The next few days I went to Zarev, Bulgaria. he told me that I might have retrograde alopecia and he told me that I have the safe donor and the unsafe donor. he saw me with the camera and took about 40 photos all over my head and the donor as well. then, he sat for half an hour and looked at each photo separately and measured the hair follicles and the ratio of hair per hair follicles etc etc. after doing calculations he told me that if I reach NW7 I will need to cover my head about 11,700 grafts (with the crown being a little empty and moderate density, so I told him I have no problem since I already use hair fibers). Then he told me that I have a total:

Safe donor area (2.8 ratio hairs per hair follicles): 13,000 grafts, of which 60+% can be extracted = 8,000 grafts
Unsafe donor area (2 ratios per hair follicle): 11,000 grafts of which can extract 30% = 3,000 grafts
So in total he told me that out of the 24,000 grafts I have in the donor in total he can export about 11,000 grafts and he told me that even if I reach NW7 he will be able to cover me (with little use of local at the same time).

Then he told me that if I want now at 24 I can do a transplant with 1100 grafts in the hairline and temples (with parallel use of hair fibersthat he suggests) or 1500 grafts without the use of hair fibers). She designed my hairline, I attach a photo for you to see. I asked him if with the hairline he has designed we cover the worst possible case when I reach NW7 and he told me that he covers it on the condition that I put hair fibers on the crown and a little on the rest of the head, which I told him I have no problem with. He told me that if I do 1100 grafts now, it will seem as if I have no hair loss at all and that they are enough.

See photos of how i am now and the hairline designed by zarev.

Attachments

• 278994865_385052266675947_8881007528039407212_n (1).jpg
    278994865_385052266675947_8881007528039407212_n (1).jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 4 (1).jpg
    4 (1).jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 279088572_5232494456817568_4791709182308199690_n.jpg
    279088572_5232494456817568_4791709182308199690_n.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 219
  • 279058726_943786299625064_9152272951281019825_n.jpg
    279058726_943786299625064_9152272951281019825_n.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 238
  • 8 (1).jpg
    8 (1).jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 9 (1).jpg
    9 (1).jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 278865608_1720101478382432_4801200314129440733_n (1).jpg
    278865608_1720101478382432_4801200314129440733_n (1).jpg
    114 KB · Views: 241

nikosgreece

My Regimen
Reaction score
and here is the photo of using hair fibers, it make huge difference on hairline and temples.

Attachments

• Καταγραφή.JPG
    Καταγραφή.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 266
Reactions: 300

nikosgreece

My Regimen
Reaction score
since i have some small hairs on the hairline from my treatment and hair fibers hold on them, so my hairline is fixed by hair fibers, is there point to make an transplant 1000 grafts?

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go to Zarev with your case or at least consult with him.
I just searched this guy online. How is that even possible? There’s cases of him claiming to have used over 12000 grafts in two sessions.. I thought the average male only has max 7k-8k grafts in their donor