Hair Transplant controversy

crownthinner

Reaction score
Why wouln't hair transplant doctors consider patients that are only a Norwood 1. I have been thinning in the crown area for a few years and wanted to get a hair transplant to thicken up the back. I don't see what the big deal is. I would like to post my photos, but I read that you have to have the pics already on a web site and can only create a link to them. I have seen others post them right to this page. Does anyone know how to do this so I can show you my condition? Still don't understand this. Don't you think actors/models get hair transplant's very early so the public can never tell. I think so. I thought this was a cosmetic operation. Where are the ethices in a cosmetic procedure. It's the patients choice if they want to take the chance of having an island on there head. I wounder If the docs can really help people that don't have a serious condition. Maybe they take a chance of killing healthy hair follicles when performing the operation on a patient that already has some hair left. Does anyone know a lot about this issue?

G

Well I would hardly call it a controversy, because for the most part the doctor is either looking out for their patients or their reputation. Plus it would not be an issue if the patient in question was 45, with a Norwood 1 and wanted to "touch up" his hairline. It is an issue, if it was a 23 year old that could easily further bald and look like a complete idiot.

Look, the business has lacked ethics iin the past and many doctors still do. Saying that there should not be ethics is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I hope you would enjoy a workd with out ethics.

And yes there is risk of shock loss that might not recover. There's getting a scar for just a little procedure, unless of course you get FUE's.

Actors use many tactics, stylists being one of them, to not look like they're balding. But, yes some eventually do get procedures. But they run the same risks and have to make the same choice as you or me.

Axon

Reaction score
The last thing you want is a hair "island." Imagine a patch(es) of hair on the front of the hairline while the rest recedes naturally. I've seen this and it is one of the more disturbing things I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing.

Axon

Reaction score
HAHAHAHHAA PWND BOSTAN

:)

I've been tauntin' Yankee haters all day. :p

G

As a Yankee AND Bosox fan, I am fine about this. This coming season will be a pisser!!!!! :freaked2: