hair transplant at a young age...Dont know what to do! plz help

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just turned 24. I have an NW2 hair loss going on NW3 with major thinning in the front and temples. I started losing my hair about 1-2 years ago although now its become noticeable so I cant fool myself anymore.

I just started Propecia two weeks ago. I plan on getting an hair transplant in a couple of years if things go south with my hair. Everyone on my moms side, except one male cousin has a full head of hair, even into their 80s. My father is a NW4-5 and he is in his early 50s. My dad didnt start balding until his mid to late 30s however. My grandfather on my dads side was an NW7 when he died in his 60s. Does this mean if I did get an hair transplant I would have to plan ultra-conservatively, since there is a possibility I could go NW7. I really dont want to ever progress to an NW3 at least until I'm in my 40s. That is my goal. I think the NW2 NW3 gap is what separates not bald from bald.

My questions are, what are your opinions on my possible hair transplant options and to those who have had an hair transplant relatively young, how did you plan for future baldness??

Thanks

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
You do need to be conservative when it comes to having a hair transplant. You do not want to run out of donor hair and have "islands" in the front of your head and be bald in the back.

Wait a few years, see what happens with HM, and then make a decision.
It sounds as if you are not in bad shape right now. In fact, I've probably got more hairloss at 20 than you do at 24.

You're not in a bad position right now, make sure you don't put yourself in one.

CCS

Reaction score
There is more than just propecia. If you have been losing it for only 1-2 years, you may be able to grow it all back. Check out my links.

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm actually not sure how long I have been losing it...it's just been very noticeable on (can see scalp) on my front and temples this past year...im sure its been thinning for a while before that

CCS

Reaction score
if the original hair line is intact, you can fight it easily. just look at my regimen. it looks complicated but it takes almost no time. it is very simple.

hrscare

Reaction score
htownballa said:
My questions are, what are your opinions on my possible hair transplant options and to those who have had an hair transplant relatively young, how did you plan for future baldness??

Thanks

Be very regular with your medicines and read up a lot.