Hair Transplant Are A Quick Fix And A Bad Idea Long-term?

john12341

My Regimen
Reaction score
Internet discussion forums contain countless posts about people who have used Finasteride only to find that after a number of years it loses its effectiveness for them. With the significant amount of people that experience continued hair loss with finasteride, wouldn't it make it a bad idea for almost anyone to get a hair transplant?

While you might have a decent look immediately after the transplant, eventually -- even on propecia -- the hair behind the transplanted hair may recede or thin, leaving you with an odd shaped look. If the donor hair is too depleted, you might be screwed.

Am I wrong in thinking this? Has anyone had this happened to them and regrets getting a hair transplant because of it?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are right. Go bald if you like.

There is no full proof treatment for hair loss. We are just buying time

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are right. Go bald if you like.

There is no full proof treatment for hair loss. We are just buying time

This, unfortunately. I started treatment with the hope of slight regrowth and maintaining for at most 10 years. I'm 20 right now and I'll be happy if I get through my 20s with decent hair.

john12341

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you guys think transplants are a waste of money? I'm worried I'm going to be 50 with patches of transplanted hair in front of bald areas and $10-$20,000 poorer.

john12341

My Regimen
Reaction score
no i don't think it is, but i think it's important to not look disfigured or have significantly odd shaped hair growth pattern

isles3022

Reaction score
Its funny I didn't think it was important to have a full head of hair as I become 50. At 47 and feeling young and looking young , yes it is important to have a full head of hair at 50 and that is why I did transplant number 2 last week.