Hair Transplant and working - UK based

varley16

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

This could be an odd question to ask.
I have been given the go ahead for a transplant from the wife, although i am only receading and slight thinning at the back its not the worst situation to be in, i'm 38 and started losing hair from 16, so I have slowly lost hair.

Now, i've always wanted to take upto a year out, and, I could do both at the same time.
I have finances to pay for the operation, but not enough to support myself job less for any more than 4 months.

I am a manager, and very much in the mix of people face to face, this including staff, directors and customers, therefore I would rather not be in this situation while I regrow, and believe me, I do not suit a shaved look at all with my round head

So, what have others done?
In the perfect world, i would find a remote/worl from home job, any ideas?
This doesnt have to pay what I am currently earning, aslong as it pays my part of the bills (£1000+)

Like I said, odd to ask this question, my wife says to just get on with it and go back to work.
But having a career break ia also something I wanted.

Any advice appreciated.

adrob76

Reaction score
Hi mate, something I've thought about myself.
What i would say is, its quite common & acceptable these days for people to be walking round displaying their 'dotted head' post-transplant - I don't think anyone raises an eyebrow about that these days. Just takes a bit of balls to go public that way.
You could always go off long term sick? Bit naughty I suppose but, you could have the career break and get the transplant done - just say its long term stress or something. Depending on your record, you'll get supported by your company and full or half pay for a good few months.

varley16

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think thats something I would want to do, it's a small world in my trade and I woukd very much like to return to this company.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tell work you’re getting an operation on your back or shoulder. Take 6-8 weeks and you’re good to go.

varley16

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tell work you’re getting an operation on your back or shoulder. Take 6-8 weeks and you’re good to go.
Yes, me and the wife had come to this, 6-8 weeks and less scabby, however if I can have the transplant, but leave the hair long on top, then I have a chance of covering it up, and the back regrown to cover.
Just trying to book a consultation and will go from there, ideally I want to have this done in December/January time.

Looking at Vinci clinic at the moment.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, me and the wife had come to this, 6-8 weeks and less scabby, however if I can have the transplant, but leave the hair long on top, then I have a chance of covering it up, and the back regrown to cover.
Just trying to book a consultation and will go from there, ideally I want to have this done in December/January time.

Looking at Vinci clinic at the moment.
You’ll get a better result from shaving cause the surgeon/tech can see better. After a few weeks it will be fine, implants will fall and it will be like you just shaved your head. I don’t know anything about Vinci. Is that the SMP clinic. I went to Turkey.

varley16

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’ll get a better result from shaving cause the surgeon/tech can see better. After a few weeks it will be fine, implants will fall and it will be like you just shaved your head. I don’t know anything about Vinci. Is that the SMP clinic. I went to Turkey.
I think thats a different clinic.
Ive booked mine in fir th 19th December, booked a month off work, so will see how it grows back while im off, if it's obvoius then i'll just tell people when I go back in.
Im telling myself that I shouldnt hold back on something that will improve my confidence and life based on what people may or may not say.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Take a couple of weeks off citing back surgery and offer to work remotely for the next three weeks. If you cannot get more than 2 weeks off, get a system that makes the transition look subtle. If you really want to take it all the way home, show up to work with a neck brace and a walking cane to make the cocksuckers feel sick for not giving you the time you requested.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Take as much holiday time as you can so you are as healed as possible before going back to work but as others have said, it's perfectly normal to see guys walking around post op nowadays I've seen loads and no-one thinks anything about it. It doesn't have any stigma nowadays, no-one is going to laugh at you, on the contrary they'll be impressed by your humungous balls.