Hair Transplant and Facial Laser Within Six Days

Reaction score
I am having a hair transplant next month and I’m thinking about killing two birds with one stone and getting a DOT laser treatment for my face a few days later. The laser treatment would be six days after my hair transplant by a different doctor. I want to do both at this time because it is the only time I will have that much time off work for an extended recovery process. Can anyone tell me if there would be any reason I couldn’t have the laser treatment on the face six days after my hair transplant? I just want to cover all of my bases. Thanks!

astros148

Established Member
Reaction score
what laser are you using for your facial laser? those are really tricky, do your research . where are you going for it?

Reaction score
I am going to a plastic surgeon and it is the Smart DOT Laser which is far less traumatic than pervious lasers. It only has a recovery period of about four days where you can't leave the house vs. two weeks with the old type of laser. I'm not worried about the laser procedure, what I want to know is if there is any reason it could have an adverse effect on a hair transplant that I'm having six days earlier. The laser won't be anywhere on the scalp just on the face and neck.

Reaction score
Yes, I'm going to Dr. Shapiro for the transplant and he is one of the most respected doctors in the world. For the laser I am going to a board certified plastic surgeon who has been selected to teach other doctors how to perform this procedure. I'm still tying to get an answer as to whether there would be any complications doing a laser on the face six days after a hair transplant.

Reaction score
Yep Shipiro is excellent Doctor, Ron and Paul....I was going to use Ron, or Hasson and Wong, but decided against a H/T in the end due to not taking propecia and having to go in debt.

I can't see there being a problem with the laser surgery as the lidocaine that is used in hair transplant's will have left your system by then and that is the only complication I could see.

all the best with your endeavour :)