hair transplant And Chin Implant - Small Changes, Big Results.

tracker54

My Regimen
Reaction score
This man def. jumped up a couple of points.

chin-augmentation-bxa-17.jpg

shookwun

Reaction score
Once i get a transplant and jaw implants i will ascend like this fellow.
good luck with your revision goals from mandible implants.

will cost you double the price. Short term benefit for a long term problem.

They dont work. structural fat grafting is the only way to safely ascend. it's what I did....Whata difference it made to my cheeks, and jaw :D

Baldingat188

Reaction score
good luck with your revision goals from mandible implants.

will cost you double the price. Short term benefit for a long term problem.

They dont work. structural fat grafting is the only way to safely ascend. it's what I did....Whata difference it made to my cheeks, and jaw :D

Wish you would show pics of that shook. I definitely need to look into that for my puffy cheeks and fat under chin

shookwun

Reaction score
Wish you would show pics of that shook. I definitely need to look into that for my puffy cheeks and fat under chin
Theres a lot of misrepresentation out there for what they actually want. I did a lot of research and had my surgeon consult with maxillofcial surgeons and orthos with both my pictures and xrays. Everyone said there will be long term complications with jaw implants, and similar results can be achieved with grafting. Which it did!

I can't believe how much flare, projection and angularity my cheeks have from fat grafting. Both side, and anterior projection was enhanced. Gonial angle of jaw line were strengthened to give more angularity versus a soft curve.

Absolutely life changing for my confidence. Even though other people might of seen me as handsome, I did not feel that way. My surgeon and his female staff all commented the same, but I couldn't see it. it's only way I took this burden off my shoulder did I start to learn and the adopt to the way others actually feel about me.

Braces will also change the projection of your lower third, and fix lip incompetence. It will increase projection by a bit.

Chewing gum, treesap gum, beef jerky all day will help build your temporal muscles and masseters

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Theres a lot of misrepresentation out there for what they actually want. I did a lot of research and had my surgeon consult with maxillofcial surgeons and orthos with both my pictures and xrays. Everyone said there will be long term complications with jaw implants, and similar results can be achieved with grafting. Which it did!

I'm confused as to why they would say that would be the case. Facial implants have been used for decades with good results, primarily as chin implants. Some people claim the silicon can cause "silicone toxicity" in the body but the reality from chin implants is most people do not get any problems. The silicon in the implants is not the same as in silicone breast implants, where legitimate toxicity has occurred.

Alternatively they can use Medpor, although Dr. Eppley who does a lot of these implants argues against Medpor here:
https://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/do-you-prefer-silicone-or-medpor-facial-implants/

From a structural perspective, if the implants are well screwed into the bone, there's no reason for them to move or migrate. I have screws in my face that have been there around 15 years now from jaw surgery, and even if I get more revision surgery, they likely won't be removed as it's easier to just leave them where they are and work around them. The titanium screws pose no health risk.

The greatest risks I could imagine for mandibular angle implants are: (1) Infection, which is a risk of all implant procedures, and (2) Nerve or other tissue damage from the actual surgical procedure, which is a risk of any surgery where someone is cutting into you.

Here's what Dr. Eppley has to say about the short term risks of mandibular implants:

Jaw angle implants, in my experience, are uniquely different than all other types of facial implant locations. Because they are put under the biggest muscle in your face (masseter muscle), and the only facial muscle that actually moves a bone (mandible, lower jaw), there is more discomfort and recovery from the procedure than any other facial implant procedure. The sides of the jaws are fairly swollen and the mouth will not open normally for a few weeks. (trismus) This is due to the stretching and trauma to the masseter muscle.

Because it is a large implant that is put in through the mouth, the risk of infection seems to be higher than any other facial implant. Despite doing every infection precaution available, I have found that the infection rate is about 5% of all patients implanted, necessitating removal and/or replacement. The other complication risk is asymmetry. Because the implants are on opposite sides of the face, it is challenging to always have a perfectly symmetric result. (many patients don’t have jawbone/angle symmetry to start with) This leads to a revision rate for symmetry correction in jaw angle implants of around 5% also. Collectively, this means that one out of every ten jaw angle implant patients will need some sort of revisional surgery. These complications are seen early within the first few weeks to several months.

On the good news side, jaw angle implants are permanent and will not change over one’s lifetime once successfully implanted amd healed into place.

https://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/what-are-the-potential-complications-from-jaw-angle-implant-surgery/

So as someone interested in this procedure, I am wondering - what "long term complications" were they suggesting you would experience? Did they just mean the infection or asymmetry risk? Or was there something else?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score

I can't believe how much flare, projection and angularity my cheeks have from fat grafting. Both side, and anterior projection was enhanced. Gonial angle of jaw line were strengthened to give more angularity versus a soft curve.

Absolutely life changing for my confidence. Even though other people might of seen me as handsome, I did not feel that way. My surgeon and his female staff all commented the same, but I couldn't see it. it's only way I took this burden off my shoulder did I start to learn and the adopt to the way others actually feel about me.

Braces will also change the projection of your lower third, and fix lip incompetence. It will increase projection by a bit.

Chewing gum, treesap gum, beef jerky all day will help build your temporal muscles and masseters
Do you think chewing gum etc will make a visible difference?

I was researching jaw surgery but I'm opting not to have it now as its too risky.

As for the picture: I think the guy went from a 4 to a 6 - which is very significant in terms of dating.

shookwun

Reaction score
I'm confused as to why they would say that would be the case. Facial implants have been used for decades with good results, primarily as chin implants. Some people claim the silicon can cause "silicone toxicity" in the body but the reality from chin implants is most people do not get any problems. The silicon in the implants is not the same as in silicone breast implants, where legitimate toxicity has occurred.

Alternatively they can use Medpor, although Dr. Eppley who does a lot of these implants argues against Medpor here:
https://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/do-you-prefer-silicone-or-medpor-facial-implants/

From a structural perspective, if the implants are well screwed into the bone, there's no reason for them to move or migrate. I have screws in my face that have been there around 15 years now from jaw surgery, and even if I get more revision surgery, they likely won't be removed as it's easier to just leave them where they are and work around them. The titanium screws pose no health risk.

The greatest risks I could imagine for mandibular angle implants are: (1) Infection, which is a risk of all implant procedures, and (2) Nerve or other tissue damage from the actual surgical procedure, which is a risk of any surgery where someone is cutting into you.

Here's what Dr. Eppley has to say about the short term risks of mandibular implants:

Jaw angle implants, in my experience, are uniquely different than all other types of facial implant locations. Because they are put under the biggest muscle in your face (masseter muscle), and the only facial muscle that actually moves a bone (mandible, lower jaw), there is more discomfort and recovery from the procedure than any other facial implant procedure. The sides of the jaws are fairly swollen and the mouth will not open normally for a few weeks. (trismus) This is due to the stretching and trauma to the masseter muscle.

Because it is a large implant that is put in through the mouth, the risk of infection seems to be higher than any other facial implant. Despite doing every infection precaution available, I have found that the infection rate is about 5% of all patients implanted, necessitating removal and/or replacement. The other complication risk is asymmetry. Because the implants are on opposite sides of the face, it is challenging to always have a perfectly symmetric result. (many patients don’t have jawbone/angle symmetry to start with) This leads to a revision rate for symmetry correction in jaw angle implants of around 5% also. Collectively, this means that one out of every ten jaw angle implant patients will need some sort of revisional surgery. These complications are seen early within the first few weeks to several months.

On the good news side, jaw angle implants are permanent and will not change over one’s lifetime once successfully implanted amd healed into place.

https://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/what-are-the-potential-complications-from-jaw-angle-implant-surgery/

So as someone interested in this procedure, I am wondering - what "long term complications" were they suggesting you would experience? Did they just mean the infection or asymmetry risk? Or was there something else?
i dont remember entirely from a medical perspective. But there is a reason why it's difficult to find consistent results of jaw implants. it's one of the few surgeries that you often notice has no results except the same regurgitated pictures we see over the year, along with Dr, eppley being raised into the question.

The jaw area has to much movement, and friction over the course and having having changes in your skull over the years is inevitable. as I mentioned I dont know the medical reasoning aside from a brief recal of my doctor saying how in the short term it will look amazing but in the long term revision will be necessary.

The chin is a stationary implant and there is no movement in that particular area. My surgeon consulted with both orthos and maxillofacial surgeons on this procedure and all said to steer clear!

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
i dont remember entirely from a medical perspective. But there is a reason why it's difficult to find consistent results of jaw implants. it's one of the few surgeries that you often notice has no results except the same regurgitated pictures we see over the year, along with Dr, eppley being raised into the question.

The jaw area has to much movement, and friction over the course and having having changes in your skull over the years is inevitable. as I mentioned I dont know the medical reasoning aside from a brief recal of my doctor saying how in the short term it will look amazing but in the long term revision will be necessary.

The chin is a stationary implant and there is no movement in that particular area. My surgeon consulted with both orthos and maxillofacial surgeons on this procedure and all said to steer clear!

Here is another surgeon with a whole list of fantastic results:

https://www.drwittenberg.com/jawline-augmentation-photo-gallery/

Almost all of them look remarkable to me, though some obviously better than others. For example:

7b2.jpg

7a2.jpg

In a man, that gonial angle correction is the difference between life and death.

That doctor has been doing this for decades as well as jaw surgery, so if I can get to that point (would need my jaws realigned first before it would even make sense to consider this, as this is "icing on the cake" type surgery), I would likely go consult with him as well as Eppley to discuss. From what you say, I would be sure to try to push them about the long term risks and mechanics.

The rarity of the surgery does not mean it is a bad procedure, just likely that most people aren't keen to go through it and there aren't that many surgeons doing it. Most people never even think about their gonial angles, and most men aren't so vain (or "red-pilled") to want to pursue this type of augmentation.

Most guys don't even try to treat their hair loss when they start balding. Most balding guys have never even heard of finasteride.

shookwun

Reaction score
listen, I will follow the advice of an professional while you can marginalize your decision on the few practitioners that do these procedures. eppleys prices are almost criminal, 20,000 USD for jaw implants lmao.

Fat grafting, and a hard based filler should suffice for almost all cases. then gonial mangle can be manipulated and changed with a good hard based filler, which would negate any advanced and aggressive based surgery. I would know, because I had it done :)

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
listen, I will follow the advice of an professional while you can marginalize your decision on the few practitioners that do these procedures. eppleys prices are almost criminal, 20,000 USD for jaw implants lmao.

Fat grafting, and a hard based filler should suffice for almost all cases. then gonial mangle can be manipulated and changed with a good hard based filler, which would negate any advanced and aggressive based surgery. I would know, because I had it done :)
Don't fillers have to be reapplied every year?

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just assumed fillers would be limited to offering only 'soft' angularity.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score

Here's another example of what jaw implants can do from Wittenberg:

ra1.jpg

ra2.jpg

Again, this is the difference of life and death! Try to accomplish that with fillers! (And make it last a life time...)

I'm glad you got a good result from your surgical approach, but knowing everything I do about jaw surgery and facial implants, I don't think there's any reason to be scared about mandibular angle ones besides the risks Eppley discussed above. Fillers are in the long term nowhere near the same thing as having an implant that can (hopefully) stay there for the next 50 years unchanged.

I'm pretty sure I'd go with Wittenberg if I do it, and assuming he doesn't retire first. I would ask my own jaw surgeon what he thinks about it too first.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here's another example of what jaw implants can do from Wittenberg:

View attachment 84467
View attachment 84468

Again, this is the difference of life and death! Try to accomplish that with fillers! (And make it last a life time...)

I'm glad you got a good result from your surgical approach, but knowing everything I do about jaw surgery and facial implants, I don't think there's any reason to be scared about mandibular angle ones besides the risks Eppley discussed above. Fillers are in the long term nowhere near the same thing as having an implant that can (hopefully) stay there for the next 50 years unchanged.

I'm pretty sure I'd go with Wittenberg if I do it, and assuming he doesn't retire first. I would ask my own jaw surgeon what he thinks about it too first.

That looks like a mandibular advancement.....

Really sh*t picture too.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's a combined chin and jaw implant as far as I know. He is a jaw surgeon, but he has her case listed on his mandibular implant page, not his jaw surgery page:

https://www.drwittenberg.com/jawline-augmentation-photo-gallery/

Her lower lip doesn't move "forward", so I think it's just an incredibly effective illusion of forward advancement brought on by great implant design and application.

Browsing that page, man oh man, so many freaks.

Seriously, who here has that level of disfiguration? Speak up.

Last edited: