Hair transplant. 23. Opinions wanted!

mjb

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
Im looking for some honest advise. I am thinking of a hair transplant in the next couple of years but I want to know your opinions. Im 23 and balding for about 4 years. I have been on the big 3 since March 2009. As you can see if pretty aggressive and no doubt I will be a NW7 sooner rather than later. I have some photos taken in June 2010 here http://img100.imageshack.us/g/img0347rn.jpg/ and I have take some today (august 2012) here http://imageshack.us/g/17/002twc.jpg/.

As you can see its got worse. I have never noticed how much worse it has got till I found these. Im crazy to consider a hair transplant, right? I mean I want hair more than anything as everyone on here does but I will just end up with weird patches of hair. I think I would be better just shaving it all off but then I feel like ive given up the battle. Ive worked and saved hard and currently have £30k saved (havnt been saving for a transplant just saving in general). I have shown in the pictures how I wear my hair to hide the baldness but its getting a pain now.

Please give your opinions of which route I should take. Thanks in advance.

btw my father and uncle are both NW7.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the general response will be your too young since you don't know where your hair loss will stabilize. I started to lose my hair at 20 with a NW6 pattern so I feel your pain although I've responded reasonably well to meds and my bald spot isn't that noticeable yet. You should wait I think until your closer to 30.

mjb

Reaction score
Yeah. I use kirkland 5%, Generic proscar 1.25 mg a day and use Nizoral 2% about 3 times a week.

mjb

Reaction score
I dont think I would want to rely on concealer for the rest of my life. Is there any pictures about for Norwood 2.5 with low density? I cant really find any. I understand I will need a few surgeries. Would it be best to go FUE or Strip or should I leave that down to the Dr to decide. Thanks

mjb

Reaction score
Yeah im fully aware of the scars. Will it be possible to create the illusion of having a head of hair or will I always have a bald patch? Without concealers I mean.
If I cant maintain what I have, which I probably cant, theres no point really? Im doing all I can at present to slow it down, Is there anything more I can do?
I like in the UK, been looking at the doctors you mentioned in your other post.

Thanks for your responses btw, really appreciate it.