Hair thinning w/pics

phan95

Reaction score
Anyone here use Rogaine?
For the last couple months I notice my hair is thinning on the top of my head.
The only major lifestyle changes I made was to exercise 4-5times a week (cardio 40mins) and eat more fruit and vegetable and cut alot of red meat out of my diet. I also started taking showers once in the morning and once at night.
I think the showering twice a day might have something to do with my hair thinning. I heard somewhere that too much shampoo use is bad for the hair.

Anyone here ever experience this ?
BTW I'm 23yrs. Sad
My dad is going bald but his in his 40's.

I notice that the hairs near my temple is changing color. My natural hair color is black but you can see at the temple area its a brownish color.
p1050005qe3.jpg

p1050007iw0.jpg

p1050008co8.jpg

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Frequent showering has nothing to do with hair loss.
Despite what you heard; shampoo also has nothing to do with hair loss (god damn those f*****g shampoo trolls)

Your diet can contribute somewhat, but not in the amounts you're describing.

How much hair are you losing a day? Do you have photos to compare? Do you have current photos to post here? We can usually tell if you're thinning or not.

phan95

Reaction score
Sorry I don't have photos. But when I look at my hairline in the mirror i notice that my hairline receded like 1cm.
I think I'm going to buy Rogaine, and start using it. What do you guys think?
Rogaine can't hurt my hair right ?

G

phan95 said:
Sorry I don't have photos. But when I look at my hairline in the mirror i notice that my hairline receded like 1cm.
I think I'm going to buy Rogaine, and start using it. What do you guys think?
Rogaine can't hurt my hair right ?

Actually I too would like to know that. Can rogaine actually damage the existing hair for non-responders? Not that it matters that much for me since I'm obviously losing it anyways and it doesn't hurt to try.

phan95

Reaction score
I went to walmart the other day and a three month supply is about 45 bucks give or take a few. Anyways whats interesting is what was on the back of the box it says that it will only help regrow hair at the vertex. which is like the very top of the head.
Also says that it takes about 2months to grow back hair =(

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
phan95 said:
Anyways whats interesting is what was on the back of the box it says that it will only help regrow hair at the vertex. which is like the very top of the head.
Also says that it takes about 2months to grow back hair =(

dont worry, it can grow it everywhere. it just says that because that's where they tested it.

2 months? erm, what did you expect, a full head of hair in a week? :p

phan95

Reaction score
One important question. Will I be dependant on Rogaine?
:roll: Don't want to do this for the next 20yrs. :-x

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes. Any hair you regrow will fall out within a few months of discontinuing use of Rogaine.

G

The hair on the first pic is wet, right? The hairline looks still acceptable to me. I would go for Finasteride instead of minoxidil. But you need to take action before it is too late!

Pondle

Reaction score
2nd that. Rogaine is a pain in the *** to apply, and you have to do it twice a day. All it gives you is a temporary growth stimulation, unlike Propecia it doesn't address the underlying balding issue.

phan95

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
The hair on the first pic is wet, right? The hairline looks still acceptable to me. I would go for Finasteride instead of minoxidil. But you need to take action before it is too late!

Yea it has a wet look to it but my hair is like that cause of the conditioner I used. (pantente).

Thanks for the advice but I'm gonna give Rogaine a try and see how that goes.

G

i can always say it again. why do only guys post their pics here who have great hair? :lol:

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
neo1234 said:
i can always say it again. why do only guys post their pics here who have great hair? :lol:
Well, I wouldn't say he has "great" hair b/c it looks like he's thinning a lot on top. The hairline looks great though.

phan, follow the advice that others had given you and go with finasteride (propecia). If you're using just minoxidil, then that's just a short-sighted solution. You'll lose everything you gain within a short period. I suggest to either add finasteride or just drop the minoxidil and use finasteride alone (and shampoo with nizoral to combat inflammation and also inhibit more dht production).

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
Check out your family's baldness.
If you feel like it might get worse, then think about propecia.
Rogaine foam is not such a pain in the *** even if it's for life. Rather that than losing my hair.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:

acceptable? His hairline is intact. Stop telling others what to do before you can even stop whinning.