Hair thinning and loss since 1 year. Help please!

lildurky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

i am new here and would love to share my story and hope someone could help me. Since 1,5 year after I finished my university my hole health condition went completely worse and crazy. I had so much shedding, hair loss, hair thinning but also skin problems, weight problems and and and. After 6 months I could stabilize my mental situation and I also went to a dermatologist who told me this looks like a Stress issued hair loss which will grow back after 3 months. I waited 1 year and nothing grew back. The difference between 1 year is extremely visible when I compare my hair now to pictures 1 year ago. So I went again to a dermatologist and he told me Start minoxidil and finasterid. I found on YouTube the hair loss show channel which I really can recommend where they suggesting 3x/week 1mg finasterid + minoxidil once daily. So I started with this Dosis since August 2020 and I got some shedding which is normal (minoxidil shedding phase) and then I had the feeling my hair got better, but not that better how it should be after 6 months. It’s maybe 10% better then before I still have shedding spots as before and hairs around these spots are growing faster and longer so my hair on top has different size. It’s just crazy I don’t understand it and it doesn’t looks like it’s a “normal” hair loss, because I don’t loose any hair no hair loss when showering when styling my hair etc. it’s just thin and some areas (3 spots on top - 2 on my Wirbels and one in front) are not growing out anymore or very very slow, but around these spots the hair is normal/better. So I don’t know if I should stop minoxidil because since 1 week I changed to minoxidil foam instead on liquid and it got much worse after using the foam. Thus I don’t know I was thinking stop minoxidil because after 6 months no real results and maybe increasing finasterid Dosis to 5-7 times per week. Hope somebody can help me would be so happy! I am freaking out!

many thanks,

durk.