Hair Thickening Shampoo Recomendation

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
I wanted to get some advice on hair thickening Shampoos. What brands are effective and which ones do people here use?

I use Vive for men and I dont really notice any difference...I think it is just a marketing ploy. If there are actual thickening shampoos that are good, please let me know...thanks fellas!

Sorue

Reaction score
I use Aveda Thickening shampoo, which is highly raved in this board. It works pretty well, not by actually giving your hair shaft more thickness (There's NO shampoo that does this), but sort of giving the hair more 'air' between the strands. It's quite hard to put in words but it does work well, especially after you blow dry. I've tried bumble and bumble's thickening shampoo as well, but it doesn't work as good as aveda.

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorue said:
I use Aveda Thickening shampoo, which is highly raved in this board. It works pretty well, not by actually giving your hair shaft more thickness (There's NO shampoo that does this), but sort of giving the hair more 'air' between the strands. It's quite hard to put in words but it does work well, especially after you blow dry. I've tried bumble and bumble's thickening shampoo as well, but it doesn't work as good as aveda.

Thanks Sorue, is this a product you can buy at any pharmacy or store?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Jasons thin to thick, i really like this shampoo, good ingredients too.

evolutionary

Reaction score
I use Pantene Full & Thick shampoo. I can definitely notice a difference in my hair's styling capacity vs. when I get out of the shower from a Nizoral session. I used to use Vive as well, and made the switch a couple years ago. But no, it's not going to give you a Stamos' mane.

pacinom

Reaction score
Having tried a bunch of shampoos, I highly recommend L'oreal's Vive thickening Shampoo plus conditioner. For $4.00 its worth a try.

Sorue

Reaction score
Anthony83 said:
Sorue said:

Thanks Sorue, is this a product you can buy at any pharmacy or store?
Hey sorry for the late reply. I got mine from ebay, but you should be able to get them at some good salons. Amazon stocks them as well. Unfortunately, I'm not based in the US so i don't know brick and mortar stores that carry them.

I've tried quite alot of thickening shampoos, including the ones mentioned by the other people in this thread, but no go. They don't work as good as Aveda

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Giovanni Magnetic Energizing Shampoo + Downy Free & Clear fabric softener.

I don't think there is a shampoo/conditioner combo that can duplicate what the above combo can. Super thick hair & great managability. Yes...It sounds stupid, but it works better than any thickening shampoo or conditioner I've used.

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
Harie said:
Giovanni Magnetic Energizing Shampoo + Downy Free & Clear fabric softener.

I don't think there is a shampoo/conditioner combo that can duplicate what the above combo can. Super thick hair & great managability. Yes...It sounds stupid, but it works better than any thickening shampoo or conditioner I've used.

you put fabric softener on your head?? how?

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anthony83 said:

Liquid fabric softener. I just pour it into my hand and stick it on my head. Let it sit there for a minute and rinse it out.

Epiphany

Reaction score
Loreal Elvive for Men - brilliant. Makes hair look really healthy and helps out guys with naturally thin hair to begin with...

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
Harie said:
Anthony83 said:

Liquid fabric softener. I just pour it into my hand and stick it on my head. Let it sit there for a minute and rinse it out.

crazy, how did you find out about that one.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anthony83 said:
Harie said:
Anthony83 said:

Another forum talked about it. I looked into it and found that dog salons use it...And other people report using it too.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mane 'N Tail! You can only get it at CVS. Also handy in case you need to shampoo some horses!

p-29427-39502-shampoo.jpg

ali777

Reaction score
Anthony83 said:
Harie said:
Anthony83 said:

Harie has a long thread on this one..

Here is the link viewtopic.php?f=23&t=46991

It makes an interesting read.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I use Samy FAT HAIR shampoo and conditioner. I think it works well, I am just not that crazy about the smell. However, I haven't had much experience with thickening shampoos/conditioners compared to others but I can say that I'm satisfied with this. Also, I have short hair but I blow dry it before styling, maybe it's just me but I notice it thickens the hair up a bit and makes it easier to style.

300.JPG
300.JPG