hair thickening products please

cos7kin

Reaction score
hi everyone. I am a new user on these forums. I will have to say that I am baffled as to where to begin to try to thicken my hair. I had to take hormones a months ago because I had an issue (no steroids or a bodybuilding issue). well afterwerds I noticed that my hair thinned out quite a bit. I did not lose hair nor am I losing hair, it has just gotten really thin. I want to try making it thick again. I am very new to this. There are products out there such as Nioxin, Min New York, Nizoral... I do not which and what to try. If you guys would be kind enough to let me know anything I can do to try to make my hair thick again which you guys might have had success with I would really appreciate it.

Britannia

Reaction score
American Crew do a whole range of hair thickening products i.e. shampoo, conditioner and a thickening lotion. I havent used them myself so cant comment on their effectiveness.
Another thickening shampoo used by some people on this forum is Jasons Thin to Thick. Some good stories about this product around.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
post your pictures. in my opinion how much your hair you have will make a difference regarding the suggestions for the products to use. if you are extremely diffuse no mouse/wax/putty in this earth will do the job. If you are slightly diffuse it will definitely help.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Any good UK stuff? I mean shampoos and stuff like that. I don't use wax/gel or other types of gunk.

Britannia

Reaction score
iamnaked said:
Any good UK stuff? I mean shampoos and stuff like that. I don't use wax/gel or other types of gunk.

You can get both the American Crew range and Jasons Thin to Thick in the UK. Lots of websites sell AC, I think the Jason stuff is quite rare.

cos7kin

Reaction score
hey thanks for the replies guys. My head is shaved right now (not razored, buzzed very low). So you would not be able to tell really if i took pictures (althought I dont have a camera either). But I know you guys are mentioning american crew stuff... but how about nizoral or nioxin or any others, are the ones you guys recommending the best ones?

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Britannia said:
You can get both the American Crew range and Jasons Thin to Thick in the UK. Lots of websites sell AC, I think the Jason stuff is quite rare.

Ta! :D

TOMOMASTA

Reaction score
ST. IVES has a thickenig "serum" than works very well for thin, wispy looking hair.. Thickens it up quite well

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been using Min New York's cleaning regime and I am very satisfied. I may also start their 'Agent' product soon which is said to be more effective than the Rogaine Foam. I will be the first on this forum to venture into this product if my dermatologist oks it.

Dan_NW2

Reaction score
Hair Shed With Jason THin to Thick

I go out and buy this stuff just to see if it would thicken me up in the vertex are and temples and holy sh*t this stuff made me shed a wad full of hair. I know im supposed to lose some hairs daily as with normal shed, but c'mon!....Fuggit about it! Gonna try something else.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dan what are you referring to; the styling porducts or Agent?

beaner

Reaction score
person said:
I may also start their 'Agent' product soon which is said to be more effective than the Rogaine Foam.

Said to be more effective by who? Very doubtful.

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
Toppik has both shampoo and conditioner that will make the hair "expand" in diameter thanks to keratin.

Dan_NW2

Reaction score
I was talking about the Jason thin to thick shamoo and conditioner. I must have had an allergic reaction to it cause when i switched back to another organic shampoo, I didnt get a was full of hair in my hands.