Hair Systems For Extreme Hairloss? Why Not

Kebawo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just gonna give a bit of background info about myself...

I started thinning around 16 years old and was covering it up with Toppik by the age of 18, I met a girl soon after and was happy, my girlfriend and family became annoyed at the fact the concealer was getting everywhere in the house (walls, pillows, bath etc) so I just decided to shave it all off and have been doing that for 3 years, I still got attention from the opposite sex but nothing like I did when I was wearing concealer.

After being with this girl for 7 years we were engaged and getting married in May 2019, she got a new job in September 2017 and by December 2017 she finished me because she was 'unhappy' which could mean anything but it does make me wonder if she found a better model with NW0 - I will never know.

So in December/January I was left in the dumps and literally had no purpose in life as I hated my job and the only thing I had really was my fiance and I never thought she would give up on us but I was wrong, I applied for University and I'm starting in September which will be cool but I don't think turning up to Uni rocking DUPA with NW7 will go down too well so I decided to do something about it and went to a consultation for a hair system. It went well and was made aware of everything I need to do to maintain the system and have learnt how much maintenance is needed for it and I feel I am 100% up for it due to the fact I can't get a hair transplant because of DUPA and feel like it's my last resort. So I will be getting this hair system around April/May and will be getting used to it before I goto Uni.

I've read alot of posts on this forum section and just wondering why aren't many of you doing this? Is it because most guys are NW2-3 or if you're genuinely NW5+? If you were in my situation (DUPA/NW7) would you go down this route or would you 'shave it, get tan, grow beard, cold shower blah blah etc etc bs'?

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't got a hair system because I still have enough hair (Norwood 3) that I am trying to save it but if I lose all my hair I will get one. I think it is a better choice then getting your head carved up trying to transplant hair to the top which is often in vain and still looks thin. I think it is a good idea for you to get one for university because it is important that you look youthful and look like you have hair there in order to have an active social life.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
people already know me as bald so if I suddenly turned up to work or saw my friends with a thick NW1 i would be a laughing stock and everyone would try to rip it off.

i guess if i was moving somewhere new or starting University again, i would consider wearing a unit but i dunno, wearing seems like hard work - what if you meet the girl of your dreams, and she's really into hair. she starts playing in your hair and finds out it's a WIG, next thing you know all around work/college you keep hearing jokes that may or may not be about you ("I need new tyres on my car, they are BALD" "yeah lots of things seem to be turning up BALD lately" etc)

or another guy wore successfully for years, was doing really well at his job; but one day he made a mistake and the front had lifted a bit. well one guy saw it and he was the butt of everyones jokes from then on and he ended up quitting that job.

shookwun

Reaction score
I have done it.

You can never have a bad hair day while wearing. In order for it to look natural everything has to be perfect, but the problem is that nothing is ever perfect. Only when you start to wear do you realise that the frontal hair piece never stays flush, and always lifts. When you run your fingers through your hairline it always gets caught on the edge. The actual system itself doesn't feel natural and undetectable like you were promised, all though when you have a perfect fit, and fresh system it can look undetectable to sight. However, a women will 100% know somethings not right when she feels your hair.

System fades in color rather quickly. Doesn't match sides, and back
Hair on the sides tend to never match the system, and even more detectable for those with thin sides, and no temple points.
adhesive never holds for long, especially for those with lots of native hair.
constant anxiety of people knowing you wear
Forget going outside without a hat, sun will rape your hair in a matter of days. Will end up blonde from brown.
forget any water activity, this is another lie they want you to believe. Chlorine, and water in general will decimate the wig.
Sweating in general weakens the units bond

they simply dont work well. Once you wear, there is no turning back. People identify you in a certain way, and after awhile you will be trapped into continuously wearing.

What I find most ironic is how most people who wear wigs are single, and they are for a good reason. despite having hair, it's hard to let go, and come in terms with being a guy who wears a wig,. Especially those who are between 20-40.

Kebawo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have done it.

You can never have a bad hair day while wearing. In order for it to look natural everything has to be perfect, but the problem is that nothing is ever perfect. Only when you start to wear do you realise that the frontal hair piece never stays flush, and always lifts. When you run your fingers through your hairline it always gets caught on the edge. The actual system itself doesn't feel natural and undetectable like you were promised, all though when you have a perfect fit, and fresh system it can look undetectable to sight. However, a women will 100% know somethings not right when she feels your hair.

System fades in color rather quickly. Doesn't match sides, and back
Hair on the sides tend to never match the system, and even more detectable for those with thin sides, and no temple points.
adhesive never holds for long, especially for those with lots of native hair.
constant anxiety of people knowing you wear
Forget going outside without a hat, sun will rape your hair in a matter of days. Will end up blonde from brown.
forget any water activity, this is another lie they want you to believe. Chlorine, and water in general will decimate the wig.
Sweating in general weakens the units bond

they simply dont work well. Once you wear, there is no turning back. People identify you in a certain way, and after awhile you will be trapped into continuously wearing.

What I find most ironic is how most people who wear wigs are single, and they are for a good reason. despite having hair, it's hard to let go, and come in terms with being a guy who wears a wig,. Especially those who are between 20-40.

Yeah I understand some things that were said to me I need to take with a pinch of salt, I will obviously have to make some adjustments to my lifestyle, I have been checking a few peoples social media that I know have been to the same salon or whatever they call it as me and they look legit with no signs of wear etc, and I know some people have tried it and didn't like the maintenance which I know I will be fine with it as I feel like this is my last option.

I know the feeling of anxiety as I had it quite bad when I was wearing concealer and yeah it was bad always worried incase I missed a spot, or making sure no-one touches you hair etc etc but right now i'm getting the same if not more because of the fact that i'm 25 years old and quite young looking with a bald head, you see people looking n some even commenting which kills your confidence whereas when I was concealing I would get alot of attention but the good type.

I guess it all comes down to how far gone you are, as I feel like I have one of the worst types of hairloss (DUPA + NW7) so I can't conceal it anymore and I can't transplant, so I either suck it up and shave and look ridiculous for another 10 years until i'm 35 and it's almost accepted, or I get a wig and make sure i'm serious about maintaining it and if any problems come up i'm only an hour from the salon so it's not too bad.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you have to make the transition while you still have some hair left in order to be able to hide the fact that you are wearing unless you don't care that people know you are wearing. And yes it is far from an ideal solution, but like the OP said if you are NW7 with DUPA you don't have many options left other than just shaving your head and remaining bald.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
a system in college would be a BAD idea!
Im not sure how college is where you live (outside the US) but here I can tell you that system WILL come off at some point. During sex, during a party, during working out, etc etc etc..... you will have it come off and there WILL be people there to see it happen......

b3ff9d95cc8cd7916b1d1b432fcd3bf79b6a62e2_hq.jpg

Kebawo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im not sure how college is where you live (outside the US) but here I can tell you that system WILL come off at some point. During sex, during a party, during working out, etc etc etc..... you will have it come off and there WILL be people there to see it happen......

View attachment 82643

From the UK but honestly I have never heard of one coming off at all unless you obviously don't re-attach for months but that's stupid lol, even the diehard people that are against hair systems say they're impossible to come off unless ragged off ofc.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a tip, getting a hair system is like getting a car or a gaming PC it is worth it to spend more to get the highest quality.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
From the UK but honestly I have never heard of one coming off at all unless you obviously don't re-attach for months but that's stupid lol, even the diehard people that are against hair systems say they're impossible to come off unless ragged off ofc.

yup and one day, one dude in college at a party will notice and rip that sh*t off to be a dick because youre competing for a girl...... doesnt even have to come all the way off, just enough for everyone to see and then college life is ruined for the next couple YEARS.

Im just saying weigh it out and perhaps come up with some kind of game plan. Be ready to make that time the bad guy and tell everyone its medical or something if you insist to have it.

shookwun

Reaction score

View attachment 82643
it will never come off like you want to believe. it will however be noticeable if something is off, whether it be color, blend or attachment.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
she got a new job in September 2017 and by December 2017 she finished me because she was 'unhappy' which could mean anything but it does make me wonder

She probably landed a great new job and was like "I can do better than this guy".

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Saw a guy on a bus a few months ago with the most obvious wig I've ever seen. Legit looked like a costume wig you'd wear on Halloween. He had thinning sides which were greying as well while the hairpiece was Elvis black lmfao. Also saw another guy with one last week at IKEA - not as cheap looking but again pretty obvious when the sides dont match the top. Both were middle aged, short, out of shape too - the insecurity of it was the most depressing part to watch

Kebawo

My Regimen
Reaction score
She probably landed a great new job and was like "I can do better than this guy".

Wasn't a good job but I guess her being in that younger environment with new guys paying her alot of attention she probably thinks the grass is greener, and she is probably right too.