Hair System With This Specific Style Possible?

sk123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, first time posting here. I am considering getting a hair system at 28. Unfortunately due to DUPA my hair loss is all over including my sides and back. I have very thin hair on my sides. I am wondering if it would be possible to get a hair system on top with a close to bald fade on the side. This is how I always got my haircut when I was young. If hairsystems don’t have a lot of hair to blend in at the side and top do they still look good? Can they still be undetectable?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi SK,

Welcome to the forum. Many young guys have DUPA I see it a lot, here in Israel.

You certainly have options. There are many many style options today doing a bald fade, or an undercut that look amazing.

I got tired of the fade/blend and just shaved it. I currently have a long, French crop, previously did a log, Viking top knot, with shaved back and sides (maybe NOT the style for you).

No one who meets me now has any idea it's not growing from my head.

Best,

Steve

sk123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow that’s great to hear. So something like the senor coconut thread is what I would love. His result is exactly what I want. I am curious, I know the front hairline can stay undetectable with good maintenance, how does the place where the system is attached from the sides and the back of the head stay undetectable? Do they design the system where some extra hair to cover the place of attachment so it’s invisible? It’s just that most videos of hairsystems that I have seen are from people who have great hair at their sides and back

Noah

Reaction score
There is always a little bit of overlap, but it doesn't take much. The system needs to be a snug fit of course, and it needs to be positioned exactly - your buzzed area has to be a good match for the base of the system, so there is no overlap and no gap between your real hair and the system. The base materials - either thinskin or lace - are very fine. Once they are attached to your bare scalp they are almost imperceptible.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Totally possible to have an undetectable hairline, lots of threads about this, just recently. I would search on it.

Back and sides stay undetectable since the fade is BELOW the line of where the system attaches. You never fade OVER that line.

LOL, Noah and I were typing at exactly the same time!