Hair System Smp And Transplant Combo Advice

Ljames

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm starting to accept my hair is going to go one way and that is straight up the Norwood scale.

I am just finishing up uni so regardless of what I choose to do it's not happening till that is done with. But am researching options now so I can make an informed decision when I have the chance.

Unless by some miracle hair cloning becomes a thing in the next year (definitely not happening) then a hair system seems the way to go for the look and density that the norwood reaper has taken form me lol.

I have a fringe at the moment but it is rapidly turning into more and more of a comb over. so was thinking of going for something like this which is similar to my hair texture:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0N7LgxgoDM/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0N7AUmAncp/

I was hoping if you guys could offer some advise, is a longer messy style like this asking for trouble with a hair system? Can you use styling products in a system or will that just trash the piece?

One more thing I was hoping to do in combination with this but can't seem to find much information on was a small transplant to bring in the temple points and temple area. As from what I can tell the biggest limitation with a system is how high it sits due to temple recession, is this a reasonable thing to so along side this?

I know the density can sometimes not be the best with a transplant but then I thought SMP in this area once it's healed could go along way to thicken that up and maybe on the back and sides to allowing for a thicker system without it looking unnatural, Has anyone got experience with this as again I cannot find much info of people using the both?

Obviously this wouldn't all happen at once as I'm not a saudi prince but could do certain parts of the battle plan as bit get worse and just wanted to get some options on this

Thanks for any help!!

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Ljames

I can't access the IG photos (I'm in China, where IG is blocked), but generally longer messier styles work well with hair systems. It is short highly sculpted styles that are more challenging. You can certainly use product on a system just as on natural hair (if is natural hair, just not growing out of your head). The only difference is that you won't be shampooing the hair every day, so it is better to try to revitalise yesterday's product with a damp comb rather than putting another dose of fresh product on, because it can build up and make the hair look heavy and dead.

You are right about temple recession, and a small temple reconstruction by hair transplanting can be very useful. But firstly you have to be very careful who you get to do it. Transplanting temples is more difficult than transplanting head hair - the hairs are finer and more aligned. They don't just stick straight out; they are at a very specific angle. Pick someone with a proven track record of being able to do this. Secondly, my experience from speaking to guys on this board is that most over-estimate how much temple hair you need to achieve a decent result from a system. You don't need that much hair - the eye just has to register subliminally that there is hair there. The location of the hair you do have is more important than the amount - specifically the contour of the hairline that comes up from your sideburn to meet your top hair. Ideally that line would jut forward in the classic temple point, but that is rare for those of us on this forum. But even a bit of forward contour still looks OK and is enough to provide balance and authenticity to a system on top. Even if the line goes vertically upwards without any forward contour, that is still enough to support a conservative-density system. The problem only really arises if that line curves backwards. Then you need to think of a temple transplant, or a more advanced design of system aimed at filling in the gaps.

Noah

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Ljames

I can't access the IG photos (I'm in China, where IG is blocked), but generally longer messier styles work well with hair systems. It is short highly sculpted styles that are more challenging. You can certainly use product on a system just as on natural hair (if is natural hair, just not growing out of your head). The only difference is that you won't be shampooing the hair every day, so it is better to try to revitalise yesterday's product with a damp comb rather than putting another dose of fresh product on, because it can build up and make the hair look heavy and dead.

You are right about temple recession, and a small temple reconstruction by hair transplanting can be very useful. But firstly you have to be very careful who you get to do it. Transplanting temples is more difficult than transplanting head hair - the hairs are finer and more aligned. They don't just stick straight out; they are at a very specific angle. Pick someone with a proven track record of being able to do this. Secondly, my experience from speaking to guys on this board is that most over-estimate how much temple hair you need to achieve a decent result from a system. You don't need that much hair - the eye just has to register subliminally that there is hair there. The location of the hair you do have is more important than the amount - specifically the contour of the hairline that comes up from your sideburn to meet your top hair. Ideally that line would jut forward in the classic temple point, but that is rare for those of us on this forum. But even a bit of forward contour still looks OK and is enough to provide balance and authenticity to a system on top. Even if the line goes vertically upwards without any forward contour, that is still enough to support a conservative-density system. The problem only really arises if that line curves backwards. Then you need to think of a temple transplant, or a more advanced design of system aimed at filling in the gaps.

Noah

Posted the pics for you... hair4all_com_66664143_634205560406017_4634681484831172142_n.jpg hair4all_com_67372465_159041505255174_3903822700835181836_n.jpg

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
The good thing about the style you posted, is that it requires the minimum of blending. You can completely shave your head, or leave just some stubble (this is what I do), and have a completely undetectable hair replacement.

You would also need 0 temple points...

Ljames

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, pretty much everything I wanted to know. Seen your posts around the forum and you two have awesome knowledge and seem very happy to share it so fair play.

Going to be a long 9 months but am feel optimistic that once I'm a bit more financially stable this could be a real solution.

baldgamer

My Regimen
Reaction score
does any know no how I can start a new thread .. here ??? I am new and want to share something about a hair system problem I have

Noah

Reaction score
There is a big blue button saying "post new thread" just to the right of the search box. If you don't have that, it is because you haven't been a member long enough, and are clearly not sufficiently mature to be allowed to make your own posts ;-) .

If you put your question here on this thread, I will cut and paste it onto a new thread for you.

Noah

Last edited:

baldgamer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Noah.

so I am bald guy and I always been embarrassed about my hair and being bald so I would always cover it with hats. Every time I leave my house I have a hat on. Anyways I was looking for a solution for my baldness and I found out about SMP. so I did went with SMP and got my head tattooed. The SMP was not bad but and It looks real natural the way I had it done. but through out my life I still not satisfied with it because I want hair. and I went back to wearing hats again. a year after SMP I found out about hair systems and I thought it will look real good on me so I ordered one online. 3 months later it arrived and I did all the maintenance my self. and wow it looks amazing it pushed my age back like back in the days when I had a full set of hair on my head. So here is my problem now I been experiencing headaches when I wear the system but the headache doesn't happen right away. At first Time when I wear the system I started noticing left side stabbing ear pain then it hurts around my ear and upper jaw (next to the ear ). So I toke it off started wearing my hat again. After a month I wore it again and I got a regular headache so i toke it off again for like 1 week I just wore my hat. Now I wear it I dont get a headache or no pain the same day but I get the headache the next day and its like a headache all over my head its very weird I know that the headaches dont happen right away.

So has anyone here experience this kind of pain? and what did you do to solve the problem? I am thinking maybe I just need my head to get use to the system so maybe by the time my head gets used to it I dont experience this headache anymore?

Side note - You think the SMP has a part of causing this pain as well ? since now after getting my head tattooed my head is more sensitive to the glue or tape I use around the system ( the system I have I think its called a POLY system tape from the sides all way to back . the front I use glue) I also cant sleep with it since it causes me headache so I take it off and I put it back on when I need to go to a club or bar or anywhere that require dress codes.

Any input for helping out on how to go about this will be appreciate it

#hairsystem #hairpiece #hairsystemproblems