Hair system major issues for me. Trying everything almost.

RustyBoomstick

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whatever hair system and adhesive I seem to try I get intermittent itching from.

I've tried poly and UTS,crazy itching when I start sweating and it doesn't breathe.
I get the some itching if I heavy sweat when wearing a cap.

Hybrid and now full French lace base hair system. Intermittent itching in the centre and crazy itching(waking me up from sleeping) after 3-4 days where the tapes are.
I use Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector with 2 layers but it makes almost f*** all difference when I start sweating.
And maybe gives an extra day,before the tape itching starts. WOW,lol.

Possibly the intermittent mild itching in the centre and back lifting is from maybe not prepping my scalp and cleaning the hair system and my scalp properly. But I'm unsure.
And maybe my bio hair needs trimming down more at the back.
As it could be sticking somewhat on the bio hair and then lifting.

I use Walker Lace Release spray to remove the hair system,so the tape stays on my head.

Then cotton wool and lace release spray the base to remove any tape residue which isn't much after a few days. Then shampoo and wash the base.

And Lace Release spray to remove the tape off my scalp. Surgical spirit to remove any residue.
Then shampoo my head.

Then prepping my scalp with surgical spirit or 99% iso alcohol. Then shampoo and wash my scalp.
Then applying 2 layers of Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector around the perimeter of my scalp.
Waiting 10 mins between each coat and last coat to dry.

Anyone let me know if I'm cleaning the base,my scalp or prepping my scalp wrong?

Currently I'm using Walker Lace Front tape. Day 3 so far. Some intermittent itching in the centre but none where the tapes are yet....
I tried Walker Pro Flex 2 tape before that. I got to 5 days before the itching was too much. Normally 4 days is max before I'm taking it off my head,cleaning up,etc. f*****g tedious.
That tape is slightly less itchy after several days.
I always use 2 layers of Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector or I get the itching by day 2-3.

I'm even considering trying a full Swiss lace base if that is softer? As I find French lace a bit scratchy to the touch with my fingers.
However I'm having major problems with many many tapes and glues. I might as well be wasting my money buying yet another hair system.
And my bio hair is too thinned out to accept hair clips either.

I also have lifting problems after a few days at the back,unavoidable wrinkles/creases/ridges in a few places in the base too. Mainly at the back. I can't see them,but can feel them if I touch it.

I'm very close to giving up and going back to shaving my head.
However I look sh*t shaved bald. Weak build,baby face,no muscles,slim,I can't grow facial hair properly,extremely pale,huge forehead and head size,Norwood 7 with thinned out temples without my hair system.
And the samey slaphead egg head bald look with no other hairstyle for decades.

I look f*****g awful bald as I have a huge head,huge forehead,baby face,and pale as f***.
Almost as awful bald as Matt Lucas looks,just I'm not as overweight as him currently.
He's probably the worst ever bald looking guy.
Least I look somewhat better shaved bald than him.

I used to be on mental health meds to numb my feelings and not care anymore from how much I hated being bald.
Until the meds lost their effectiveness,and kept having to up the dosage till I got very overweight from the long term side effects of increased appetite and weight gain. And felt like a zombie on them. Terrible memory issues too on it. Extreme anger issues too,aggression and smashing things up.

And basically I did nothing but gaming all day long everyday and rarely left the house.
And dressed like a slob in overly very baggy clothing to hide my weight gain and lack of muscle when I went out.

The other option would be daily wear with daily wear Walker Natural Hold tape if it works for me.

I'm very certain I have scalp issues such as dandruff. And I have very sensitive skin.
As my scalp goes either dry and flaky or very oily and that's when not wearing the hair system.
HOWEVER I only occasionally get itching and that's mainly after heavy sweating if wearing a cap.

Otherwise bald and nothing on my head I don't get itching except rarely.

I've tried anti dandruff shampoo and then the dry hard water here makes my dry skin itch for a few hours.
Then goes away.

I have these special Jesband tapes to try that don't use acrylic but I have my doubts with them.
They are supposed to last 3 weeks. My ***.
On the 24 hour patch test,the damn tape wasn't even sticking well to my arm. Obviously I put a strong plaster(band-aid for American folk) over it to keep it in place. But seems to be weak.

Other than that daily wear with Walker Natural Hold tape.
Or can try Ghost Bond Platinum but I bet it will be a headache to clean from lace. Although you apply it to your scalp,NOT the lace base. But still...

I wish I could get MIN 7 days continuous wearing from a hair system.
5 days is the most so far until the f*****g itching gets too much,waking me up in my sleep itching is taking the f*****g piss.

Daily wear using daily wear tapes might be my only solution other than shaving my head,hating it and wearing a cap or beanie everywhere or going back on mental health meds and being a zombie on them.

Looks wise. I'm happy with the look when I have the hair system on.
The rest is just pissing me off.
Mainly the itching,the lifting,the

Last edited:

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TLDR; But on your last point about excess body hair, go for laser removal. I did it and it really does work - takes a few sessions and yes the hair doesn't disappear completely, but it really does thin out a lot.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I would try the daily wear thing, i'm sure once you get into a routine it'll work out. You have to try and approach it positively, wearing is a pain but the results can be hugely positive. I wear lace and use ghostbond.

Good luck.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Which Ghostbond?
And how long does it last for you?

And would that be better with the scalp protector I got too?

First I will try the Jesband acrylic free tape and the Walker Natural Hold,daily wear tape if that fails.

Before I try Ghostbond Platinum or XL(I have both).
As I heard glue is a b**ch to clean from lace bases.

And thanks for the advice.
Ghost bond classic. I only apply 2 coats because the recommended 4 coats never sets and remains sticky all week (I detach one a week). Which is better anyway as it makes clean up easier.

I don't know about the scalp protector as I have never used any. I suggest buying some ghostbond and doing a patch test to see how you get on.

I'm sure you'll find a tape/glue that will work even if it means a more regular detachment than what you would like.

Even if you have to detach more than you would like at least you avoid the skin irritation and still get to look and feel better.

Remember we're all in this together, stay positive mate.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also have an itchy scalp, dandruff..and oily skin, go figure, thought dandruff meant dry skin..anyway, was never able to get 7 days hold comfortably without itching, whether with tape, glue and different bases.. have come to terms that I need to detach every 5 days

Technologic0280

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get over it, and take it off at night. Wash your scalp the next day when you shower as you normally would, use anti-dandruff shampoo (really works on an itchy scalp - sometimes I have to go full bore and use that tea tree neutrogena stuff).

Discipline hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would try the daily wear thing, i'm sure once you get into a routine it'll work out. You have to try and approach it positively, wearing is a pain but the results can be hugely positive. I wear lace and use ghostbond.

Good luck.
How do you daily wear and remove using ghost bond ?

Jonesmeister

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whatever hair system and adhesive I seem to try I get intermittent itching from.

I've tried poly and UTS,crazy itching when I start sweating and it doesn't breathe.
I get the some itching if I heavy sweat when wearing a cap.

Hybrid and now full French lace base hair system. Intermittent itching in the centre and crazy itching(waking me up from sleeping) after 3-4 days where the tapes are.
I use Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector with 2 layers but it makes almost f*** all difference when I start sweating.
And maybe gives an extra day,before the tape itching starts. WOW,lol.

Possibly the intermittent mild itching in the centre and back lifting is from maybe not prepping my scalp and cleaning the hair system and my scalp properly. But I'm unsure.
And maybe my bio hair needs trimming down more at the back.
As it could be sticking somewhat on the bio hair and then lifting.

I use Walker Lace Release spray to remove the hair system,so the tape stays on my head.

Then cotton wool and lace release spray the base to remove any tape residue which isn't much after a few days. Then shampoo and wash the base.

And Lace Release spray to remove the tape off my scalp. Surgical spirit to remove any residue.
Then shampoo my head.

Then prepping my scalp with surgical spirit or 99% iso alcohol. Then shampoo and wash my scalp.
Then applying 2 layers of Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector around the perimeter of my scalp.
Waiting 10 mins between each coat and last coat to dry.

Anyone let me know if I'm cleaning the base,my scalp or prepping my scalp wrong?

Currently I'm using Walker Lace Front tape. Day 3 so far. Some intermittent itching in the centre but none where the tapes are yet....
I tried Walker Pro Flex 2 tape before that. I got to 5 days before the itching was too much. Normally 4 days is max before I'm taking it off my head,cleaning up,etc. f*****g tedious.
That tape is slightly less itchy after several days.
I always use 2 layers of Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector or I get the itching by day 2-3.

I'm even considering trying a full Swiss lace base if that is softer? As I find French lace a bit scratchy to the touch with my fingers.
However I'm having major problems with many many tapes and glues. I might as well be wasting my money buying yet another hair system.
And my bio hair is too thinned out to accept hair clips either.

I also have lifting problems after a few days at the back,unavoidable wrinkles/creases/ridges in a few places in the base too. Mainly at the back. I can't see them,but can feel them if I touch it.

I'm very close to giving up and going back to shaving my head.
However I look sh*t shaved bald. Weak build,baby face,no muscles,slim,I can't grow facial hair properly,extremely pale,huge forehead and head size,Norwood 7 with thinned out temples without my hair system.
And the samey slaphead egg head bald look with no other hairstyle for decades.

I look f*****g awful bald as I have a huge head,huge forehead,baby face,and pale as f***.
Almost as awful bald as Matt Lucas looks,just I'm not as overweight as him currently.
He's probably the worst ever bald looking guy.
Least I look somewhat better shaved bald than him.

I used to be on mental health meds to numb my feelings and not care anymore from how much I hated being bald.
Until the meds lost their effectiveness,and kept having to up the dosage till I got very overweight from the long term side effects of increased appetite and weight gain. And felt like a zombie on them. Terrible memory issues too on it. Extreme anger issues too,aggression and smashing things up.

And basically I did nothing but gaming all day long everyday and rarely left the house.
And dressed like a slob in overly very baggy clothing to hide my weight gain and lack of muscle when I went out.

The other option would be daily wear with daily wear Walker Natural Hold tape if it works for me.

I'm very certain I have scalp issues such as dandruff. And I have very sensitive skin.
As my scalp goes either dry and flaky or very oily and that's when not wearing the hair system.
HOWEVER I only occasionally get itching and that's mainly after heavy sweating if wearing a cap.

Otherwise bald and nothing on my head I don't get itching except rarely.

I've tried anti dandruff shampoo and then the dry hard water here makes my dry skin itch for a few hours.
Then goes away.

I have these special Jesband tapes to try that don't use acrylic but I have my doubts with them.
They are supposed to last 3 weeks. My ***.
On the 24 hour patch test,the damn tape wasn't even sticking well to my arm. Obviously I put a strong plaster(band-aid for American folk) over it to keep it in place. But seems to be weak.

Other than that daily wear with Walker Natural Hold tape.
Or can try Ghost Bond Platinum but I bet it will be a headache to clean from lace. Although you apply it to your scalp,NOT the lace base. But still...

I wish I could get MIN 7 days continuous wearing from a hair system.
5 days is the most so far until the f*****g itching gets too much,waking me up in my sleep itching is taking the f*****g piss.

Daily wear using daily wear tapes might be my only solution other than shaving my head,hating it and wearing a cap or beanie everywhere or going back on mental health meds and being a zombie on them.

Looks wise. I'm happy with the look when I have the hair system on.
The rest is just pissing me off.
Mainly the itching,the lifting,the
You sound like me.Major itching,and haven’t discovered a cure yet.

ChickenStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
My options left are:

Walker Natural Hold daily wear tape(just tried it). Weak as f***. Lifting off the base, hardly sticky at all. And a real b**ch to remove the backing.

Walker Signature Sensi Tak Select with a hybrid base as it's low residue tape but shiny. So hopefully can be easily removed after 4 days,with minimal cleanup.

Ghost Bond glue and Walker Lace Front tape,hopefully the glue will stop the tape from irritating my scalp.
The tape is great but sadly causes me itching after 4 days.

Ghostbond Platinum or XL. I have both so I can try both. And see. But cleanup with a French lace base will probably be a b**ch.

Got2b glued yellow or black tape. If I can get at least a day with a lace base. And it doesn't fly off my head.

I'll use Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector wits all those options. Although makes f*** all difference to the itching starting at 4 days for me. Even if using 2 layers.

I'm considering trying KP Skin Med liquid bandage if it's a better scalp protector.

Hopefully I can do daily wear at least. Better than giving up,going back on meds and going back to shaving my head.

Last edited:

ChickenStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don´t know why you all just try and try. Use silicone bond , no itching , no redness etc.
NO just NO.
Lace base is hard to clean with glue and that's some toxic solvent sh*t. With horrible vapour likely to give me an asthma attack.

And you can't be so sure it won't cause itching. Or whether it will cause an allergic reaction on the patch test for me.

ChickenStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if I have to resort to glue. I've never used it myself so I'm clueless about doing it. Especially with a lace base and only a perimeter bond without smearing it everywhere.
All I read is you can't put glue directly on the lace base. Only on your scalp.
I don't know how long for water based glue to dry,how thick to apply it, how many layers etc. Argh a stressful nightmare.
I'm trying the tapes first.

If I have to use glue it will be Ghostbond Platinium or XL(I have both currently). With Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector although it don't make much difference to me. It might still help with the bond.

Right at the start I tried glue which was done by a hair replacement salon(Total Cover Plus) but was on my entire scalp and was a UTS base hair system. That didn't work for me as caused crazy itching all over every time I sweated heavy.
And I ended up ripping the system off my head in the end and went back to shaving my head.

UntIl a few months later I wanted to try other options. Is when I tried poly 0.8mm with a 1/20th lace front.
It hardly breathed and was a huge waste of money and time and effort. It was a custom Optima Hair system.
And was all tape then. I don't have an exposed hairline. I have a fringe style.

Hybrid base(french lace centre and front with poly perimeter) with better but still had itching after 4 days where the tapes were. But the really poor quality system shed massive amounts within a month. A HairHub custom system.
All tape.

Full french lace I have now,I still have issues with the tapes on the perimeter by 4 days.
However the hair system itself is better quality from SuperHairPieces M105 stock system with minimal shedding,had it about 5 months now.

Last edited:

ChickenStranger

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm trying this combo next.
Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector 2 layers + Ghost Bond glue 4 layers + Walker Lace Front tape.

Hopefully I won't get crazy itching by 3-4 days.

I know that Walker Lace Front tape gives me a nice very strong hold. But unsure if the glue would on its own and it could be a pain in the *** to clean from the lace base. So tape on the base and glue and scalp protector on my scalp is my idea.

jeepwrangler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm trying this combo next.
Walker Max Hold Sport scalp protector 2 layers + Ghost Bond glue 4 layers + Walker Lace Front tape.

Hopefully I won't get crazy itching by 3-4 days.

I know that Walker Lace Front tape gives me a nice very strong hold. But unsure if the glue would on its own and it could be a pain in the *** to clean from the lace base. So tape on the base and glue and scalp protector on my scalp is my idea.
How does this combo work for you?

I use a poly base and was taping the perimeter. It would get itchy in the middle where there was no tape by day 5 or 6.
I've recently switched back to full bond (Ghostbond Platinum) and can go up to 2 weeks without itching.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I use Ghostbond Platinum and sometimes have irresistable itch as well already in the beginning. But it's more often in the end of an attachment, I think. Sometimes nothing at all. Can't imagine what could cause it in the beginning of an attachment. In the end it's probably due to dirt and microbes.