Hair System Glue For Heave Sweater! Help

David Harvey

My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently started wearing a hair system, skin base. I firstly hated it but now I know how to manage it etc I like it! The one problem I have is I currently use ghost bond glue and every time I sweat (which is everyday, sometimes twice!) the front of the system comes loose, I can actually fold it back . I know in time it’s supposed to glue back down but it doesn’t so I was wondering if anyone could recommend some products or management techniques which means I don’t have to re glue the front up to twice a day. I do use the glue correctly as per the instructions. I just perspire heavily! Thanks in advance

Noah

Reaction score
Hi David - are you making sure your scalp is totally oil-free before attachment by giving it a good clean with 99% alcohol? Assuming you are, you could try using scalp protector on your scalp where you are going to apply your adhesive - it dries to form an invisible barrier between your scalp and the adhesive, which prevents sweat and oiled interfering with your bond. If that still doesn't work I would suggest you try a lace base instead of skin. Skin just is sweaty, whereas lace is breathable.