Hair System Behind a Natural Hairline

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know this has been spoken about before on here and Noah gave some great advice but I wanted to start a fresh thread to see if anyone else could chime in with any info or even any first hand experience. Whether a hairline thats natural or from a transplant, I'd imagine that this would be the holy grail of ways to go for someone who has a high level of male pattern baldness. For me, an anxious person in general, leaving the house with a system on behind a natural (transplanted) hairline would be so very ideal, never having to worry about the maintenance or people noticing a possible lift on that one rare bad day when it might happen, etc.

That being said, I am aware this is all likely MUCH easier said than done. For starters you better make sure the hairline is at least somewhat dense enough to conceal what would have to be a much lighter density system behind it. You simply can't go out with what will realistically be a whispy hairline and then a big blotch of darkness behind it. Next, and probably the worst part, would be the hell it could be always trying to place the system perfectly behind the hairline, never getting the glue or tape onto the bio hair. That being said, I'm sure after a while you will become accustomed to it, and I'd go through any of that hard work to avoid the regular hair system hairline maintenance anyday.

Thoughts?

DesertFoxx

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what I currently have. I love that it doesn't look like your wearing a system at all but putting on the system alone seems impossible for me and so does gluing the front piece that comes up after you've exercised for a few days. I'm inexperienced, this is my very first system so my advice doesn't count for much. I've had it reattached twice now, should have been once but the place i went to for help cleaning it put it on and didn't place it right the first time. It's been a hassle so far, if I were to do it myself I would for sure mess with my actual front hairline.

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow @DesertFoxx , nice. I would hope you'd be nice enough to share some photos? No face necessary of course. This is your natural front hairline or was it a transplant? Thanks.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I've considered this even though i have recession given my age i think it would look ok, the problem for me is once i've shaved behind my hairline that would be that, what if i regretted it? it would take me months to get my hair as long as it is now and what would i do in the meantime?

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've considered this even though i have recession given my age i think it would look ok, the problem for me is once i've shaved behind my hairline that would be that, what if i regretted it? it would take me months to get my hair as long as it is now and what would i do in the meantime?
What is your hair like exactly? Are you saying you have good hair on your head except for a receded hairline? If thats the case you'd be a good candidate for just a small transplant up front and thats it. This idea is more for guys who are or are on the verge of NW6/7 with just bad/thinning hair all throughout.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
What is your hair like exactly? Are you saying you have good hair on your head except for a receded hairline? If thats the case you'd be a good candidate for just a small transplant up front and thats it. This idea is more for guys who are or are on the verge of NW6/7 with just bad/thinning hair all throughout.
Well not sure how you could have a piece behind your hairline if you're nw6...if you are thinning then i guess it could work but matching the piece with thinning hair at the front sounds tricky.

As for me I have considered a hair transplant but never took the plunge, its not something i particularly like the sound of and there are other issues too...I've been wearing for around 15 years, just a small piece that lowers my hairline, i have recently stopped wearing and i can get my hair too look similar to what it looks like when wearing, I have also thought about wearing a couple of small pieces to fill in the recession, but wearing a piece behind my hairline sounds good in theory but i think you would need a very good thick hairline and thinning behind it for it to work/look the best.