Hair Style for Telogen Effluvium

Hamartoma

Reaction score
It's now 9mos into my battle with chronic telogen effluvium + mild male pattern baldness (Norwood 2A).
Perhaps it's time for a change in hair style, as my hair is of medium length and fairly curly
which helps covers most of the thinning. But it's starting to look a bit strange with the
longer anagen hairs sticking out, sort of like actor Jason Lee on "My Name is Earl" w/o the mustache..
http://www.nbc.com/My_Name_Is_Earl/index.shtml

I could cut my hair very short, but with the thinning, I might look like I've got some of major
catastrophic illness. Nor do I want to shave my head.

How do other guys with chronic Telogen Effluvium cope with this awaiting regrowth? Any recommended shampoos or conditioners?

Thanks for the support

Petchsky

Reaction score
A shaved head would normally be the best choice. You could always use concealers and keep your current hairstyle...

Stokes

Established Member
Reaction score
I have Telogen Effluvium, had it for the last 4 years, don't see any regrowth happening. Just go to a really good hairdresser, explain your problem and if its a good hairdresser they will be able to disguse it. For some reason shorter is better, i can't understand it either, but the longer it is the more visable the balding is.

Good luck