Hair Still Shedding And Doesn't Seem To Be Getting Any Better

Hannah fletcher

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm 24 and looking for some advice, I've posted here before and had a good amount of information from doing so,

End of April I noticed I had lost quite a fair amount of my hair, it is very diffuse and there's not any bald patches but my partings show my scalp alot more than it would before, when I realised my hair had thinned my shedding was quite normal however in the last week or two the shedding has got alot worse and I'm losing alot more while brushing and washing!
3 GPS have said it is telegon effluvium and that it should calm down soon however it hasn't and although it was only a few months ago I realised I'm confused as I thought with telegon effluvium it didn't actually affect the amount of hair on your head very much, I have an appointment with a private dermatologist on the 25th of July but I'm so scared I'll lose more hair by then! When I shed hair it's all different lengths also, mostly long but also alot of shorter hairs from behind my ears? I've noticed my eyebrows and eyelashes shed alot more than usual also and wondered if that was also telegon effluvium? I'm worried the diagnosis isn't right and would love to know if anyone else has or is experiencing this as at the moment it's in my thoughts every second of the day! Im using hair loss shampoo and taking Multi vits ect but the shedding seems worse now than it ever has been! Xx
20170626_125325.jpg
20170626_125341.jpg

Jpu

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I am kind of in the same boat. I've been shedding a lot recently and have the same part showing like you. I started noticing about a month ago and started taking biotin, supplements, iron, staying away from direct heat, etc. and am still shedding hairs every time I touch my hair. Hopefully 1.5-2 months in, the supplements and vitamins will start to work? Keep updated...

Hannah fletcher

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there!
I'm sorry your also going through this It really is exhausting! It's more the fact you don't know what it's going to be like every morning when your waking up! I'd love nothing more than to forget about it but it's proving difficult! I've also been taking supplements for the past 2 months and if anything the shedding has got worse! I feel I may have a bit of regrowth but nothing enough to be confident I'm getting my old hair back! I think from researching I may have the onset of Androgenetic Alopecia but can't be sure as all of this only started the end of April and I thought Androgenetic Alopecia was a slow progression! Xx

Jpu

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hopefully not! We're both still really young. I know with stress/ hormone shedding, the impact is seen 3-4 months after. So it might just be that and it has to take its course before the supplements start to work.

Have you tried rogaine? My doctor suggested that might help even with temporary shedding but I'm scared to try as the bottle says that it well cause temporary hair loss before it starts to work.

Hannah fletcher

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm almost confident it's stress related and may have been to do with low folate! I am hoping it is just temporary I really just want the shedding to stop if anything! No I've not tried rogaine as I'm aware the shed becomes worse with that so I don't want to :( do you also lose shorter hairs along with long hairs? X

Jpu

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! My nails are fine and grow normally... my pinkie nails get really weak when they get to certain amount but that's always been like that.

Hopefully temporary for both of us and we just need to be patient. It's hard to not be stressful when you're so worried about your hair. I've also realized that my shedding was bad at one point but has been pretty normal - so I'm just not regrowing the lost hairs maybe. But I feel like I've always had more shedding than others bc I'm a vegetarian.

I have some hairs that are about like 2 inches long on the top of my head - so guessing they are about 4-5 months old but nothing newer.

Happyhalo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! Is this still going on for you? I’m 26 and mine looks exactly the same. Just curious if anything worked. We’re so young I know in my heart that it will pass. :)

flowerlover184

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in the same boat kind of...I've been shedding excessively for almost 3 months now and I have no idea why, I've been to multiple doctors who don't seem concerned. I'm 20 years old. I had really low ferritin but that was months ago so I would imagine it would've stopped by now if that was the reason...let me know how your appt goes!

Jhair123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! I went through this too. I can be a slow process but don’t loose hope. I found this girl on YouTube and her vids really help. This one is about styling your hair when it’s thin, and she has a bunch of other good vids on her YouTube channel. Good luck!