Hair still miniaturizing after 4 month and 3 weeks on finasteride 1mg daily (20 M) (DIFFUSE)

hairarchy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The f*** man, anyways here is my hair when wet. Maybe I should go dutasteride? f*****g 20yo with this sh*t is stressful (Sorry for language)
photo_2021-01-13_18-43-04.jpg
Inkedphoto_2021-01-13_20-03-25_LI.jpg
Inkedphoto_2021-01-13_20-04-45_LI.jpg
Inkedsa_LI.jpg

Last edited:

hairarchy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on my pic, what do you guys think I should do? Stick with my regimen for a year or add something else?

Balding at 20, does that mean i need to use stronger 5a blocker?

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro take Dutasteride 2.5mg and spironolanctone 200 mg your all hair back 100%
Dude stfu this isn't a joke! .5 mg of dutasteride eliminates 100% of Type 1 and 2 DHT, then crush your testosterone with spironolactone? I did dutasteride, spironolactone, oral minoxidil. Looks good on paper. I don't recommend it. Especially at the moronically stupid doses you suggest!

.5 dutasteride, 50mg Ru, minoxidil, and micro-needling. If this doesn't grow your hair back your problem is likely not androgens.

bc1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope this is dumb! Androgens besides DHT are still miniaturizing your hair use RU or CB topically.
hey man, new to this so not fully aware of the various pathways and mechanisms responsible for miniaturisation. If I'm still noticing (slow) thinning whilst on 1mg of finasteride should I hop on RU? Don't wanna take minoxidil due to effects on collagen etc etc.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will take pictures tonight, yeah its thin. Also will add my dads hair for comparison lol

edit: I added my sides pic, but in dry condition

You have hair loss over all scalp, this is not common hair loss or androgenetic alopecia.

Probably finasteride 1 mg daily during two years is the cause, more if you started using these meds wth a normal hair. IMHO meds altering hormonal is not a preventive method

hairarchy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have hair loss over all scalp, this is not common hair loss or androgenetic alopecia.

Probably finasteride 1 mg daily during two years is the cause, more if you started using these meds wth a normal hair. IMHO meds altering hormonal is not a preventive method
no i just started finasteride 4 month ago, and i believe my hair was like this since 2019, but was masked by my long hair

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey man, new to this so not fully aware of the various pathways and mechanisms responsible for miniaturisation. If I'm still noticing (slow) thinning whilst on 1mg of finasteride should I hop on RU? Don't wanna take minoxidil due to effects on collagen etc etc.
RU works really well for me. Try to find the lowest effective dose. I get no sides from RU, but some say they do. I'm using 25mg twice a day. Instead of taking crazy high doses of one specific drug I feel it is better to take a low doses and hit multiple pathways. 1. Inhibit DHT, 2. inhibit androgens at the receptor site, 3. growth agonist. If that doesn't work I would guess it's not androgens, or at least not just androgens, but likely autoimmune disease / inflammation.

Last edited:
Reactions: bc1

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is your hair thinning in the occipital zone as well? If it is this may well be DUPA.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You give me some advice how come my hair back
I'm not sure exactly what you mean but here it goes. I think you're suffering from shock loss because you take ridiculous amounts of medications, your sleep is probably lacking, and your diet sucks. I think you'll likely recover most of what you had to some degree over the next year, but male pattern baldness will keep working its magic. As for treatments I've already stated my opinion plenty of times on this thread. Sorry OP. Looking at your side pics it seems as though you could have dupa, or at least really aggressive hairloss. Male pattern baldness will effect your temporal spots. Basically there will be no hair except for behind the ears and back but that's usually past 50 years of age, If you know what I mean? Have you ever tried any sort of elimination diet/anti-inflammatory diet? Nizoral shampoo? Micro-needling? Curcumin/ fishoil?