Hair Shedding After Stopping Nizoral?

xcrusher

Reaction score
I felt like nizoral might be causing a lot of my hairloss so I stopped using it for a bit. I noticed after a week after being off of it, my hair started shedding a lot more then it would will I was using it or even before I started doing anything for my hairloss. I'm not using finasteride or minoxidil but I might have to get on finasteride soon but I'm kind of scared of the sides. Should I keep using nizoral or stop it altogether?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're probably losing more hair due to hairloss getting worse.

Using the Nizoral and def use finasteride.

xcrusher

Reaction score
You're probably losing more hair due to hairloss getting worse.

Using the Nizoral and def use finasteride.
does that happen where hairloss can just get worse randomly? im only 22 and lurking through here i know hairloss isn't too uncommon at my age

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It certainly can get worse. I started l loosing my hairline at 18, luckily I had a mature hairline and a very gradual hair loss, I'm 27 now and Up until about 8 months ago and my hair has kicked into high gear the itch has gone crazy and my hairline is so patchy. So best go back on nizoral, and minoxidil and whatever else to maintain it! If you get into a routine now. You'll be set until one of the big companies release their treatments.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it can get worse; so much worse.

Last year, at age 23, I still had a full head of hair. 1 year later, and my hairline receded quite a bit and I have diffuse thinning. I do think I caught it soon enough because even in the short time I've been on finasteride & minoxidil, I have seen some results. I've known some guys who had a little bit of recession in their 20s (like NW2 at most), but then in their 30s, they become a NW7 within a couple of years -- it definitely throttles the gas.