Hair Shed Thicker at Bottom

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Today I noticed for the first time that the hair that I'm shedding, (big shed been going on for about two weeks), is noticably thicker at the bottom. As in, the top half is thin and the bottom is thick and dark. Is this a positive sign that Propecia is helping the hair along?

G

the hair shaft would appear to be thickening within a single hair cycle, good sign.

phantom2x

Established Member
Reaction score
so it means the propecia is working.

as in my case i was shedding before taking propecia. so now i dont know the shed that iam going through is cause by propecia or it's still the same regular shed. i have been on it for 2 weeks now.

iam so confuse about it. :freaked:

any comments.

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
Wait, if you've only been on Propecia for TWO WEEKS then you aren't seeing anything regarding your hair that has to do with the drug. Keep popping it for another 10 weeks and then check your progress. It really does, sadly, require patience.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Ignore the shed.

Hell, in my year of treatment, I swear I've had a shed or two that seemed to last for a month. In fact, November was shed city for me and when I think back to last year, October was rough. Maybe it's a seasonal thing?

Nevertheless, none of my sheds ever did any damage to my hairline. They are an annoyance, but I've realized that the fact that I was going through a shed tended to make me hyper-vigilant about my hair. Once the shed was done, I realized that my hairline was still intact. Hang in there. In a year you'll be a very happy man.