HAIR RESCUED! 5months minoxidil/nizoral 3months finasteride results

earlybalder

Reaction score
SORRY FOR THE BIG IMAGES, Didn't know they would turn out so big, just zoom out ( Ctrl+mouse scroll). front hair before
x5autv.jpg
front hair after
svtg83.jpg
f0uixe.jpg
top view before
96volz.jpg
top view after
wbcg1d.jpg
top view before (trying to show bald spots)
np4eg2.jpg
4rdjrk.jpg
after
2ce6pt2.jpg
11kun9z.jpg
how my hair look a year before
z1xxu.jpg
now
2my5ff4.jpg
7166ps.jpg
1z1v7na.jpg
Still need much more density in the frontal third, my hair is very frizzy and dry because of the low density and the way I have to comb it so it doesn't show any bald spots,
I doubt that the finasteride has caused any growth at this point of time (taking 1mg proscar eod) but I did notice decrease in forehead oiliness and less acne.
Is it possible that I can still get major regrowth in the front from the finasteride?

losemyhead

Reaction score
I don't know about regworth but your hair will be much darker and thicker...
Good for you! Amazing results...what minoxidil you are using?

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score
good results, looks alot better,
but don't let your hair length trick you
stick to your regimen and you may get a full head of hair in the 12th month mark
I've seen some guys with frontal regrowth with finasteride . it may work for you
good luck

earlybalder

Reaction score
Of course yassin, but then again the long hair is the result of the regime :) before it my frontal hair wouldnt grow taller and my sides and back would be big. I really hope I get increase in density the parts in picture 8 as you can see when I try to show bald spots you can see how low in density I have at the front, but thanks to this regime I can now style my hair to the front with a less receding hairline. so it has definitely has made a huge cosmetic difference for me.

Here is hoping that in another 6 months I will post here showing a much fuller frontal third

RC88

Reaction score
Hi Earlybalder,

Can you please let me know what your regime is.

Cheers

earlybalder

Reaction score
First three months - (rogaine foam at the morning, kirkland minoxdil at night, nizoral shampoo on every third day)

4'th and 5'th month - ( 1mg cut up Proscar every other day, rogaine liquid at night only, I live in Egypt waiting for my friend from American to get me some kirkland minoxidil, nizoral on every third day)

6'th month in other words now - ( rogaine liquid at night, 1 mg proscar every other day, nizoral shampoo around 2 times a week)

zonix

Reaction score
Great results, I'm coming up on my 5 month mark soon only using Rogaine and I can see a lot of new hairs but it takes forever for them to grow which sucks but at least its coming back.
I'm using the foam is the liquid better or the same?

earlybalder

Reaction score
I'm not really sure, but for me I was forced to buy the liquid when my foam ran out but in hindsight it could be better for people with long hair because the foam would get absorbed into the hair shaft itself and not all of it would get to the scalp.

stjudemirage

Reaction score
good for you earlybalder.:) taking finasteride for about month., the shedding has slowed down., am afraid to try minoxidil because of the shedding., :( any experience bout shedding? tnx

kumar75

Reaction score
hi earlybalder, did you experience any sides with the finasteride?. mild testicular pain?. etc

Thanks

zonix

Reaction score
I'm not really sure, but for me I was forced to buy the liquid when my foam ran out but in hindsight it could be better for people with long hair because the foam would get absorbed into the hair shaft itself and not all of it would get to the scalp.

Yeah it looks like your hair grew a lot faster with the liquid, I still have little hairs.. guess I'll pick some of the liquid up next time and try it.

earlybalder

Reaction score
@stjud in my opinion, I think based on what I read is that finasteride takes a while to stabilize hair loss and regrow hairs if any. I was really unhappy with my hair before starting all of this, took minoxidil shed a lot for 2-3 weeks and didnt have a huge cosmetic effect. After the shedding ended, I took finasteride and have not yet had a massive shed. I'm assuming that the weak hairs already fell out from minoxidil so finasteride only has to prevent others from falling out.

For you, I'm pretty certain you will shed on minoxidil just like anyone else, but you have to remember no pain no gain. You have to take a chance if you want to improve your hair.

@kumar not really, no difference in anything except my forehead and probably scalp oiliness, but that was from a long time ago that I know I question myself if my scalp and forehead were always like that or not. I'm pretty positive though that yes it reduced some of my acne, and decreased oiliness.