Hair Replacement Systems

gemmatthews

Reaction score
I am interested in hair replacement systems as a non-surgical solution to hair loss, but there are so many types I dont really know where to start? I am based in London. Can anyone advise?
Thanks.

Anita1978

Reaction score
hi there,

i think i've worn nearly all type os hair replacement systems at some point or another :) tell me more about your hair loss though and i'll see if i can help

xxx

gemmatthews

Reaction score
Hi Anita1978,
I am suffering from alopecia, and it is pretty severe now. Whereas before there were just a few patches, my hair loss is generally all over.
I don't want to go down the surgery route, but have done some research and seen that there is a procedure that involves a thin layer of material being attached to the affected area of the scalp.
Have you had this?
Thanks so much!

Anita1978

Reaction score
hi

yes i've had a number of these hair pieces (yes, it is a hair piece, a lot of companies will use high tech names such as virtual hair, hair replacement system etc but ultaimtely its a hair piece....or dare I say it.....a wig)

Now don't worry, these wigs / ahir pieces are not like how you expect them to be, the one I wear is amazing, breathable and light weight, no one ever suspects I wear anything. but i just wanted to let you know that ultimately, whatever a hair company calls it, it will be a hair piece / wig be it partial or full, depending on how much hair loss you have.

Material wise, it will depend on what you prefer. Lace is the most breathable and one I use as I also have diffuse thinning all over. You can have something called thinskin which is a thin polyutherane base. This stuff is amazing! when glues onto your scalp, its difficult to even really feel it on you.. however, this only works if you have actual bald patches where no hair whatsoever is growing (e.g. alopecia areata) - i know a lady who has a thinskin wig made that is only about 50p in diameter to fit her bald patch. When glued on, even I find it hard to feel when running my fingers over her scalp. But thinskin does not work as effectively on a scalp which still has thin hair all over it.

this is of course my experiences and there may be others who disagree

let me know if you need any more help

xxx

gemmatthews

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your advice! I am very interested in the 'thinskin' piece, but lace does sound like an equally advantageous, perhaps less costly option.
Where did you purchase your hair piece?
Gemma

Anita1978

Reaction score
i get mine from a friend who buys these wigs for cosmetic use (she's an actress), she does not sell unfortunately

but don't worry, there are lots of goof retailers out there

simply google 'full lace wig' in your area, remember to look for things like Remy hair (buying low cost hair is a false economy as it just frizzes and dries out after a few washes - better to spend a little bit more money on good quality hair)

if you need more help, just give me a shout :)

xxx

gemmatthews

Reaction score
Don't worry! I am interested in the online wig store because they are a branch of Bloomsbury of London, who I have enquired with about fitting a non-surgically fitted hair piece.

The system you purchased is very pretty and stylish. Let me know what its like! Wishing you the best.

Reaction score
I own a damage free hairpiece and extensions company in SC and would love to help you. I custom cut and color pieces to match customers hair perfectly! Please look me up on FB I ship all over the world! Ashtyn Tinsley Guest L.A. Hair Boutique 864-590-8924 (I ALSO CUSTOM WIGS)

Motty

Reaction score
I had to go from wearing a partial hair replacement to a full cap because I had extensive hair loss at the nape and the sides. Something to consider.:woot:

Mary411

Reaction score
Is This Thread Still Alive?

Has anyone answered you, Vincent777? I was hoping that they would. I'd be very interested in what the more experienced members have to say about it.

I have an appointment to see Richard Farrell of Richard Farrell Hair Replacement Systems, and he bills them as "the best hair replacement systems in the world." Quite a claim. For what they charge, they'd better be the best.

I hate to just go off and spend this many thousands of dollars on something without hearing from someone who might know anything about them. I don't have a lot of money to waste, but I'm also having some difficulty going through life without hair.

Is there anyone still on this thread besides Vincent and me? We could really use some help.

kaliliak

Reaction score
I love the look on that guy's face when he sees the hair on his head. That's crazy expensive to me, even without considering exchange from euros. I've heard you have to be careful with companies that require monthly servicing, I think it could be expensive and they might not be flexible to have you get it reapplied elsewhere.

The system in the video seems like the best solution for a guy who wants undetectable. Unfortunately since guys like shorter hairstyles it's hard to conceal wefts or non glue attachment systems. It also looks like it could be injected hair, the absolute best way to go for undetectable short hair systems for men.

Ask what kind of glues they use. Some of the stronger ones can me sensitizing, like cyanoacrilate. But some of the others do loosen with wear, humidity, heat. I used to glue down a hairline, it looked great but the only glue that would give me the hold I wanted gave me a terrible rash.

Sorry I can't be of much help, I'm a woman and I've never been able to afford such a service.

Mary411

Reaction score
I am interested in hair replacement systems as a non-surgical solution to hair loss, but there are so many types I dont really know where to start? I am based in London. Can anyone advise?<br>
Thanks.

Good luck getting someone to answer your question in the Women's Forum. I asked a couple weeks ago for any kind of help, and got crickets. This side of the forum seems kind of dead. You might have better luck asking on the men's side, though someone will probably take issue with your not being a man.

I have an appointment at the end of the month to go see Richard Farrell who bills his replacement pieces as the best in the world. Not sure how he gets away with making that claim, but guess i'm going to find out. I was asking if anyone had used his service or knew anything about it. The pieces for women look beautiful, but I doubt they'd put something in their ads that didn't.

Before I spend thousands and thousands of dollars on one of his systems, I was hoping to get help from someone here, but no one seems interested, so I'm flying blind. Good luck to you. I hope you're able to get someone to answer you.

Last edited:

christinethoma

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck getting someone to answer your question in the Women's Forum. I asked a couple weeks ago for any kind of help, and got crickets. This side of the forum seems kind of dead. You might have better luck asking on the men's side, though someone will probably take issue with your not being a man.

I have an appointment at the end of the month to go see Richard Farrell who bills his replacement pieces as the best in the world. Not sure how he gets away with making that claim, but guess i'm going to find out. I was asking if anyone had used his service or knew anything about it. The pieces for women look beautiful, but I doubt they'd put something in their ads that didn't.

Before I spend thousands and thousands of dollars on one of his systems, I was hoping to get help from someone here, but no one seems interested, so I'm flying blind. Good luck to you. I hope you're able to get someone to answer you.

Hey Mary, any news on what happened? is Richard really good?

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I never knew they were this amazing..damn.

[video=youtube;RrzsDvdBzIk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrzsDvdBzIk[/video]

Mary411

Reaction score
Hey Mary, any news on what happened? is Richard really good?

No, christine. My appointment was for January 28th, but I cancelled it. We got hit with almost 3 feet of snow over the weekend and are literally snowbound for the next few days until we can shovel out. I would have to drive a couple of hours to get to the appointment, so because I couldn't get anyone to answer me here and I have no idea what I'm doing yet, I figured it was better to just cancel. I'll have to wait about four months to get another appointment, but I can use that time to try to figure out how all this hair system stuff works. I am a complete and total novice at all of this and wouldn't know a good system if I tripped over one. Didn't make sense to drop thousands of dollars on one when I'm flying blind here.

WomanInDisguise

My Regimen
Reaction score
In Hairs Culture, we custom hair replacement system. It allows you to take advantage of the all unique attributes of density, color, and style which can be matched to your characteristic style. You can also check my wish list, which is:
sullivan-20161011-0564lr_1_orig.jpg

For more, you can explore with Woman In Disguise and you will find more and more verities from there.