Hair regrowth at the cost of feminization

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

It seems to me that the anti-androgens finasteride and duta are the pinnacle of what we have in terms of "safe" options to combat male pattern baldness. Is it true that when we go beyond these treatments, we enter the territory of drugs that can induce drastic regrowth, but at the cost of altering hormones? Oral spironolactone and oral minoxidl are some of the treatments that I have heard spoken of.

Assuming that I have gender dysphoria anyway and the potential feminizing of my body would not deter me, what kind of regrowth could possibly happen with these types of treatments?

Diffuse thinning destroyed my life about five years ago. Since then I have continued into NW3 territory, where no-guard shaving is the only style that does not look ridiculous.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

It seems to me that the anti-androgens finasteride and duta are the pinnacle of what we have in terms of "safe" options to combat male pattern baldness. Is it true that when we go beyond these treatments, we enter the territory of drugs that can induce drastic regrowth, but at the cost of altering hormones? Oral spironolactone and oral minoxidl are some of the treatments that I have heard spoken of.

Assuming that I have gender dysphoria anyway and the potential feminizing of my body would not deter me, what kind of regrowth could possibly happen with these types of treatments?

Diffuse thinning destroyed my life about five years ago. Since then I have continued into NW3 territory, where no-guard shaving is the only style that does not look ridiculous.
you may experience full restoration, it depends on the lengths you are willing to go.

How long are the areas bald? 5 years?

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you may experience full restoration, it depends on the lengths you are willing to go.

How long are the areas bald? 5 years?
Diffuse thinning became noticeable in early 2015, yet I maintained virtually full coverage for about two years after that. Temples have been nearly bald for about a year now, in a Norwood 2.5 or so.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse thinning became noticeable in early 2015, yet I maintained virtually full coverage for about two years after that. Temples have been nearly bald for about a year now, in a Norwood 2.5 or so.
50mg Bicalutamide
2mg Estradiol
5mg Minoxidil
1mg Finasteride

=magic hair cocktail (with a lot of side effects lol)

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
50mg Bicalutamide
2mg Estradiol
5mg Minoxidil
1mg Finasteride

=magic hair cocktail (with a lot of side effects lol)
That's all but guaranteed to produce cosmetically-significant regrowth if not full restoration depending upon amount of initial baldness.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's all but guaranteed to produce cosmetically-significant regrowth if not full restoration depending upon amount of initial baldness.
Wait? You think that the stated protocol may fully restore your hair!? XD is it possible to get off minoxidil and E2 somehow after getting the result?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait? You think that the stated protocol may fully restore your hair!? XD is it possible to get off minoxidil and E2 somehow after getting the result?
I do, controlling for some of the hair transplant follicles that only partially took and which DR seems to restore.

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They do, but mostly for other medical indications.
sure, here it's impossible to get topic fina or duta you know
Nobody doctors give oral minoxidil too

we have only 2 things : fina and minoxidil...but isn't suffisant for the Androgenetic Alopecia No ? tell me ? which treatments are the best ? i am 19 and i take finasteride since soon 3 months

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
sure, here it's impossible to get topic fina or duta you know
Nobody doctors give oral minoxidil too

we have only 2 things : fina and minoxidil...but isn't suffisant for the Androgenetic Alopecia No ? tell me ? which treatments are the best ? i am 19 and i take finasteride since soon 3 months
Finasteride is only for slowing down androgenetic alopecia.

Minoxidil is only a growth stimulant. Its best to use it when you "cleansed" the underlying issue.

I am not a medical advisor, nor a professional, please make your own research before starting to take stronger drugs.

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is only for slowing down androgenetic alopecia.

Minoxidil is only a growth stimulant. Its best to use it when you "cleansed" the underlying issue.

I am not a medical advisor, nor a professional, please make your own research before starting to take stronger drugs.
tell me the most powerful thing I could take

i thought finasteride stopped baldness when the drug was taken in norwood 1 right?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
tell me the most powerful thing I could take

i thought finasteride stopped baldness when the drug was taken in norwood 1 right?
Nah, finasteride slows it down and only stops it if you’re lucky. dutasteride does a better job of it. You don’t need to feminize yourself to get significant regrowth. Microneedling, minoxidil and tretinoin, topical estrogen (not too much). All these can encourage regrowth as long as you’re taking care of DHT.

Deal with your androgens with finasteride or topical dutasteride ( to lower potential sides) and maybe a topical AA if your hair loss is aggressive. Then worry about regrowth.

And if even then you’re having trouble regrowing would I consider heavier treatments like oral minoxidil. High dose estrogen and oral AAs like Bica I would only use if you’re on the verge of suicide or you don’t mind feminization

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah, finasteride slows it down and only stops it if you’re lucky. dutasteride does a better job of it. You don’t need to feminize yourself to get significant regrowth. Microneedling, minoxidil and tretinoin, topical estrogen (not too much). All these can encourage regrowth as long as you’re taking care of DHT.

Deal with your androgens with finasteride or topical dutasteride ( to lower potential sides) and maybe a topical AA if your hair loss is aggressive. Then worry about regrowth.

And if even then you’re having trouble regrowing would I consider heavier treatments like oral minoxidil. High dose estrogen and oral AAs like Bica I would only use if you’re on the verge of suicide or you don’t mind feminization
Perfectly summarized! Tho 5ARi's are mostly powerless for <20 year olds. You have to use AA's, topically or orally, in aggressive one's.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
._. Kidding? XD
He's right I think that spironolactone isn't used in Europe so that would have to be off-shore to buy. Estradiol or E2 is the main type of estrogen in females so for males, it's T and for females, it's E2. Bicalutamide is from a family of meds that all end in 'mide, like flutamide and enzalutamide. The 'mides are power anti-T or anti-androgenic meds used mostly for prostate cancer and hormone replacement therapy for transgender females.

spironolactone, Cyproterone Acetate and Bicalutamide all work fairly similarly although in many ways, CPA is closer to Depo-provera, also known as medroxyprogesterone acetate.

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

does topical estrogen feminize?